I am a PhD student in Technology and Social Behavior (joint PhD program in Computer Science and Communication Studies) at Northwestern University. I work in the CollabLab with my awesome advisor Professor Darren Gergle. I also closely work with Professor Anne Marie Piper in the Inclusive Technology Lab. Prior to Northwestern, I received BS in Computer Science and Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. My research interests lie in Human-Computer Interaction, Accessibility, Assistive Technology, and Social Computing. Specifically, I enjoy studying and designing inclusive technologies to support mental and physical well-being of people with disabilities. My current project focuses on facilitating creative expression of people with visual impairments.
Apart from academic activities, I have always been passionate about music. Whenever I get time, be it during a journey or before going to bed, I listen to music and sing along. I am also very much into traveling and adventures. Now and then I try to get a break from my busy schedule and set out for a tour with friends and family.
- May 2018: I have received student scholarship to attend and present my poster at GHC 2018!
- March 2018: Our paper on privacy-preserving disease risk queries in genomic databases is accepted at COMPSAC 2018.
- December 2017: Our paper on Autism support smart technology got accepted at CHI 2018!
- December 2017: Presented our paper on impacts of social networking on Post-partum Depression in women at ICCIT 2017.
- September 2017: 'Arunodoyer Usha'- a production by Kantho:BUET (with my first ever studio recorded song) released in Youtube by Studio Driptoswar!!
- April 2017: Accepted PhD offer from the TSB program at Northwestern University.
- March 2017: Volunteered as a Faculty Scholarship Reviewer for GHC, 2017.
- January 2017: Got Married!!