Club History

In the 1950's Lethbridge had three bridge clubs.  They united in 1980 under the name Lethbridge and District Bridge Players Association.  In the following years the membership ebbed and flowed while playing in the Lethbridge Senior Centre.  In 1996 the name was changed to The Lethbridge Bridge Club and the club moved to the Lethbridge Shopping Mall where it continued to have three games a week.  Many years later the club moved to the Holiday Bowl location and increased the number of games to five per week, which included a lesson night and game for the 0-300.  The club membership has increased greatly because of the lessons and the great fellowship of the bridge club members.  In 2010 the club became a registered Society and is hoping to someday have a permanent place to have its games.