Leighton Buzzard Bowling Club as we know it was founded in November 1921 at a meeting of the Leighton Buzzard C.E.M.S Bowling Club where it was approved for them to become a Town Club. In the intervening time a number of significant changes have been witnessed by the club, in 1959 a Ladies Section was added, in 2005 the club became mixed and in 2011 we became a Limited Company.
In 2015 we provided Bowls Bedfordshire (previously Bedfordshire C.W.B.A) with their first Ladies National Champions when Jenny Dowers, Jenny Mitchell and Kim Tift won the National Triples competition.
During the next couple of years as we approach the 100th Anniversary of the Club, we will be embarking on a project to update the club history to the present day and also to trace the origins of the club back to the inception of the C.E.M.S Bowling Club that was the forerunner to the existing club.
If anyone has any information or pictures that they are willing to share with the club please send them to the Secretary via the Contact Information page.