Any comments, questions, and complaints (about the papers) are deeply appreciated!
Forthcoming (draft versions)
- Comparative Remarks on Wh-Adverbials In-situ in Japanese and Chinese. In Mamoru Saito (ed.), Japanese Syntax in Comparative Perspective, New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 181-205 (with Tomohiro Fujii, Barry C.-Y. Yang and Dylan W.-T. Tsai).
- On Multiple Wh-questions with ‘Why’ in Japanese and Chinese. In Mamoru Saito (ed.), Japanese Syntax in Comparative Perspective, New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 206-227 (with Barry C.-Y. Yang).
- Pseudo-Right Dislocation, the Bare-Topic Construction, and Hanging Topic Constructions. Lingua 140, 137-157. [draft]
- Antecedent-Contained Sluicing and Identity in Ellipsis. English Linguistics 30(2), 659-676. [draft]
- V-stranding Sluicing in Japanese and Its Implications. NELS 41: Proceedings of the 41st Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Amherst, MA.: GLSA, 247-260. [draft]
- VP-scrambling, Linearization Preservation, and the Theories of Control. NELS 40: Proceedings of the 40th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Amherst, MA.: GLSA, 197-210. [draft]
- Some Asymmetries in Japanese N'-deletion and their Theoretical Implications. In Uli Sauerland and Kazuko Yatsushiro (eds.), Proceedings of the Formal Approaches to Japanese Linguistics 6, Cambridge, MA.: MITWPL, 215-225 (with Nobu Goto). [draft]
- On (Im)possible N'-deletion within PPs. Nanzan Linguistics 9, 215-231 (with Nobu Goto).
Ellipsis in Japanese Right Dislocation. Japanese/Korean
Linguistics 18, Stanford, CA.: CSLI Publications, 380-391. [draft]
- An Argument for Argument Ellipsis from -Sika NPIs. NELS 39: Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Amherst, MA.: GLSA, 771-784. [draft]
Proper Binding Condition Effect as a Consequence of Cyclic Linearization. NELS 38: Proceedings of the 38th Annual
Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society, Amherst, MA.: GLSA, 427-440. [draft]
- If Chinese is Head-initial, Japanese Cannot be. Journal of East Asian Linguistics 18, 41-61.
the Variety of Movements to the vP
Edge. In Yoko Yumoto and Hideki Kishimoto (eds.), Goi-no Imi-to Bunpoo [Meaning and Grammar of Vocabularies], Tokyo: Kuroshio, 307-329
(with Mamoru Saito).
Argument for the Derivational Reformulation of the Proper Binding Condition. In Cedric Boeckx and Suleyman Ulutas (eds.), Proceedings of the 4th Workshop on Altaic
Formal Linguistics (WAFL4), MIT Working papers in Linguistics 56, Cambridge,
MA.: MITWPL, 291-302. [draft]
Scrambling and Cyclic Linearization. In Yukio Otsu (ed.), The Proceedings of the 9th Tokyo
Conference on Psycholinguistics (TCP 2008), Tokyo: Hituzi Shobo, 225-249. [draft]
- 生成文法は英語以外の言語をどう分析しているのか? 「月刊言語」、 2008年11月号、pp. 41-47、大修館書店 (How does Generative Grammar
analyze languages other than English? Gengo
37, No. 11, Tokyo:
in Narrow Syntax and PF: Toward a Theory of Word Order Variations. In Tetsuya
Sano, et al. (eds.), An Enterprise
in the Cognitive Science of Language: A Festschrift for Yukio Otsu (Hituzi
Linguistics in English 8), Tokyo:
Hituzi Shobo, 243-256. [draft]
- Wh-adverbials In-situ, Their Island-(in)sensitivity and the Role of Demonstratives in Wh-in-situ Licensing. Nanzan Linguistics
Special Issue 3, vol. 1, 107-126 (with Tomohiro Fujii).
- Wh-Questions in Chinese and Japanese I: Anti-Crossing and Anti-Superiority. Nanzan Linguistics Special Issue 1, vol. 2, 99-112 (with Chisato Fuji and Barry C.-Y. Yang).
- Category-based Unselective Binding: Evidence from Japanese. Nanzan Linguistic Special Issue 1, vol. 2, 91-98 (with Chisato Fuji, Yoshie Kabuto, Eriko Watanabe, and Tomohiro Fujii).
- NP-internal Honorification and N’-Deletion in Japanese. Nanzan
Linguistics Special Issue 1, vol. 2, 45-67.
- Focus and Wh Features in Interrogative C. Nanzan
Linguistics Special Issue 1, vol. 1, 129-163.