Good morning Kelsey Families;
Well it is almost the end of June! We are busy trying to wrap everything up for the end of the year here at the school. I just wanted to mention a few things this week.
1. First and most important, A SUPER CONGRATUALTIONS TO ALL THE AWARD WINNERS & HELPERS acknowledged in our year ends award assembly video! Thank you to Mrs. Scott who dedicated many hours to the creation of the video. I think it turned out fantastic!
**Families, if you heard your child’s name or saw it on a slide, please ensure you come pick up your certificate or award at the school between June 19-26. (Between the hours of 8:30 - 4:00)**
2. We are still waiting for an official start date from the MB government for school in the fall. When it is announced we will do our very best to let students and families know what the plan is in regards to Kelsey Camp and when, what and how school start-up will be happening in the fall.
3. As I stated last week, report cards will be emailed or mailed to families commencing on June 29th and 30th. Please ensure teachers have a reliable email address if you would like your child’s report card emailed to you. No reports cards will be picked up at the school this year.
4. Make sure you check out our school Facebook page next Friday morning. No, not for my jokes, but for our YEAR END SLIDE SHOW that Ms. Mikayla has been putting together for us. I’m sure it will be great as usual!
5. Lastly, it has been wonderful having some of the students in the building again! I know the teachers have really enjoyed seeing their students and I hope the kids have enjoyed their time here at school as well.
And here are my second last Friday jokes for you. I went with a school theme. Hope you enjoy!
Student: Mrs. Cote, I have been having an issue with asthma.
Mrs. Cote: Oh my, have you been to a doctor?
Student: Oh, I don’t have it. I just can’t spell it.
Mrs. Kerr: Class, how many feet are in a yard?
Student: I’m not sure Mrs. Kerr, it depends how many people are standing in the yard.
Have a wonderful and hopefully not rained filled weekend everyone!
Kelsey Community School
The Pas Kinettes for assisting families in need
with your donation of gift cards for our food hamper programs.
Located in The Pas Manitoba, Kelsey Community School has students from Kindergarten to Grade 5. Our school motto is "Hands are for Helping". In keeping with this motto, students are expected to Respect Each Other, Respect Belongings and Respect School Property.
Supervision on the playground begins at 8:30 and the bell rings at 8:45. Classes begin at 8:55. Lunch is at 12:00, with the exception of kindergarten whose lunch is at 11:30 (though students in grades 3-5 who stay for lunch have lunch recess at 12:00 and lunch at 12:30). Recess times are 10:30am & 2:30pm.
The Kelsey Community School building was built in three stages: ten classrooms in 1958, eight classrooms in 1961 and an adjoining wing in 1972 which included administrative offices, staff work areas, a large gymnasium, a multi-purpose room, kindergarten areas, seminar rooms, a science room (now the staff room), an art room, a resource centre with a reading pit and a ten classroom count open area. In 1990 the open area was renovated to seven closed classrooms, an A.V. storage facility and expanded library facility.
~PLEASE NOTE~ DUE TO SEVERE ALLERGIES WITHIN OUR SCHOOL:
WE ASK EVERYONE TO REMAIN SCENT-FREE WHEN COMING INTO THE SCHOOL.
ABSOLUTELY NO FISH OR FISH PRODUCTS ARE TO COME INTO THE SCHOOL.
NUTS ARE BANNED IN CLASSROOMS WITH NUT ALLERGIES, BUT WE ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM BRINGING NUT PRODUCTS TO SCHOOL.
If your child consumes fish or nut products at home prior to coming to school, we would ask that you have your child wash their hands after eating.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Kelsey Community School
Box 4700, 120 Stewart Street
The Pas, Manitoba, R9A 1R4
Jay Marin, Principal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dori Hnidy, Assistant Principal: email@example.com
Mikayla Pich, Community Liaison: firstname.lastname@example.org