Members quarterly pick up litter from the JWCL Adopt A Street in Leesburg.
The Junior Woman’s Club of Loudoun (JWCL) is for women age 18 and over, residing in Loudoun County, who have an interest in supporting their community through volunteer service. We are proud to be part of the International GFWC family. (General Federation of Women's Clubs)
JWCL was founded in 1951 to unite women of our community and enrich its members intellectually and culturally. Membership in JWCL provides an opportunity for volunteer work in a group that derives strength from ‘unity in diversity’. Our members come from a variety of backgrounds and the club benefits from their unique perspectives and diverse interests.
Areas of interest for helping our community include:
· Domestic and Sexual Violence Awareness and Prevention
· Advocates for Children
· Arts and Culture
· Civic Engagement and Outreach
· Education and Libraries
· Health and Wellness
JWCL is always open to new members and new ideas! There are many levels of participation and invested time. Membership can be adapted to your personal talents, demands, and interests.
We invite you to attend a meeting at any time to meet us and find out more about the club.
Helping our Community in 2021
During 2021, JWCL club members continued to support our community in various ways, including:
* 36 Projects & 405 Volunteer hours helping our community - Loudoun Abused Women's Shelter, Camp Easter Seals, Loudoun Literacy Council, Mobile Playcart for INOVA, Backpack Buddies and more.
* 1,260 Volunteer hours with Leadership, Membership events & PR
* JWCL donated $3,240 to various charities
* JWCL made $29,195+ in kind donations
Making blankets for Project Linus.
To give children a warm blanket to snuggle in when they are ill.
Making lives better for our children.
In 2018 & 2021, we donated mobile play carts to INOVA Loudoun hospital Pediatric Department!
Providing support & appreciation to teachers!
We support teachers by helping with Backpack Buddy bags and sending food & treats for teachers.
How we support our Community
JWCL supports our local, national & international community in a variety of different ways. Check out some of the charities & programs we support!
* Prom Wishes (hosted by JWCL)
* INOVA Mobile Playcarts
* March of Dimes, March for Babies
* Backpack Buddies
* Adopt a Street, Leesburg
* Loudoun Abused Woman's Shelter
* Mobile Hope
* Loudoun Literacy Council
* Paxton Campus, the ARC of Loudoun
* St. Jude Children Research Hospital
* Loudoun Hunger Relief
* Operation Smile
* Salvation Army
* Wreaths Across America
* Heifer International
And many more! And we're always open to new ideas!
The Junior Pledge
"I pledge my loyalty to the Junior Woman's Club, by doing better than ever before what work I have to do; by being prompt, honest, courteous; by living each day, trying to accomplish something, not merely to exist.