- Economic Geography
- Infrastructure and transport systems
- Development Economics
- Toward Great Dhaka : A New Urban Development Paradigm Eastward (2018) Directions in Development;. Washington, DC: World Bank, with Yue Li, Hossain Zillur Rahman, Martin Rama, and Anthony J Venables (currently the most downloaded title on the World Bank's Open Knowledge Repository).
- Growing a developing city: A Computable Spatial General Equilibrium Model Applied to Dhaka (2018) with Anthony Venables
- The efficiency of land-use in a developing city: traditional vs modern tenure systems in Kampala, Uganda (2018) With Anthony Venables Submitted. Audio of a presentation in March 2018 (in French).
- The Brasília experiment : Road access and the spatial pattern of long-term local development in Brazil (2018) with Stéphane Straub . Submitted. Discussed in El País
- Employment in a developing city: a spatial analysis of Kampala (2018) with Thomas Hierons and Anthony Venables
- Emerging patterns of urban clusters: the growth of economic activity in Kampala (2018) with Thomas Hierons and Anthony Venables (University of Oxford)
- The Anatomy of Kampala (2018) with Ferdinand Rauch
- The size of developing cities: understanding urban growth (2018) with Paul Brandily (PSE)
- Do African cities really sprawl? (2018) with Paul Brandily (PSE)
- Life in a slum : understanding living conditions in Nairobi's slums across time and space (2017) with Piero Montebruno and Tanner Regan Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Volume 33, Issue 3, 1 July 2017, Pages 496–520
- Transport in a congested city : A computable equlibrium model applied to Kampala City (2016) with Louise Bernard and Anthony Venables
- Who lives where? Population distribution in developing cities (2016) with Anthony Venables
- Municipal finance and investments : Evidence from unexpected budget shocks in Brazil (2015) with Margaret Leighton