- Congratulations!!! Our master student, Miaolin Fan, passed her master thesis defense.
- Congratulations!!! Our collaborative research with Dr. Lodi from UHS was awarded the best abstract in the annual meeting of the Society of Vascular and Interventional Neurology. [link]
- Congratulations!!! Our master student, Karmel Shehadeh, passed her master thesis defense.
- Congratulations!!! Our PhD student, Sina Khanmohammadi, received 2014 Graduate Assistantship funding from Watson School at Binghamton University.
- Congratulations!!! Our PhD student, Sina Khanmohammadi, has his paper accepted to present in the 36th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC'14). Special thanks to the collaborator, Dr. Vladimir Miskovic, from psychology department.
- Congratulations!!! Our master student, Karmel Shehadeh, received the Ambassador Award in Watson School at Binghamton University.
- Congratulations!!! Our PhD student, Anas Hourani, won the second place of the Student Research Poster Session in the Innovation Day for Big Data at Binghamton University.
- Congratulations!!! Our PhD student, Sina Khanmohammadi, had his paper published in the conference proceedings of the 2014 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems.
I am currently an Assistant Professor in Systems Science and Industrial Engineering and core member in the Center of Affective Science at Binghamton University, the State University of New York. Prior to the current position, I worked as a Post-Doc Research Associate in the Integrated Brain Imaging Center, University of Washington Medical Center in 2011-2012.
- Ph.D. in Industrial & Systems Engineering, 2011
- Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering, Rutgers University, New Jersey
- Master of Science in Operations Research, 2007
- Department of Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Columbia University, New York
Honors and Awards
- The Research Foundation for SUNY Collaboration Fund Award, 2013 (Acceptance rate < 10%)
- The ISERC New Faculty Colloquium Participant, 2013
- Finalist of the INFORMS Data Mining Best Student Paper Award, 2011
- Topic: Improved Column Generation Framework for Logical Analysis of Data
- The INFORMS Future Academician Colloquium Participant, 2010
- Honorable Mention of the Annual New Jersey INFORMS Student Operations Research Contest, 2009
- Topic: Mathematical Programming Approaches for Sibling Reconstruction Problem
- Kuhl Memorial Engineering Fellowship, School of Engineering, Rutgers University, 2008