Associate Professor of Finance at HEC ParisAssociate Editor, Journal of Banking and FinanceCo-holder of the Chair "Business Analytics for Future Banking" (HEC-Natixis-Polytechnique)Member of the ACPR Chair "Regulation and Systemic Risks"CEPR Research AffiliateSUERF Research AffiliateMember of the Finance Theory GroupDaddy of Joseph and Marin
In my research I study how financial institutions and frictions impact the functioning of financial markets, the formation of prices and the allocation of resources and risks in the economy. I focus particularly on the microeconomics of banking and financial markets microstructure.
Where to meet me in the coming months:
- I will discuss "Optimally solving banks legacy problems" (Anatoli Segura and Javier Suarez) at the EuroFIT Conference in London on 17-18 December 2018.
- I will discuss "Leverage Regulation and Market Structure: An Empirical Model of the UK Mortgage Market" (Matteo Benetton) at the AFA Meetings in Atlanta on 4-6 January 2019.
- Seminar at the University of Cambridge on 24 January 2019.
- Seminar at CEMFI on 11 February 2019.
- Seminar at the University of Exeter on 12 March 2019.
- I will discuss "Loan Insurance, Adverse Selection and Screening" (Toni Ahnert and Martin Kuncl) at the 2019 Conference on “New Frontiers in Banking Research: from Corporate Governance to Risk Management” in Milan on March 29-30, 2019.
- I will attend the Finance Theory Group meeting held at Carnegie Mellon University on 3-4 May 2019.
- I will represent France at the 4 Nations Cup. The competition will be held at HEC Paris on 10 May 2019.
- I will present "Inventory Management, Dealers' Connections, and Prices in OTC Markets" at the Workshop "OTC markets: recent advances in research" at ESSEC on 17 May 2019.
Latest updates and news:
- February 2019: "Optimal Supervisory Architecture and Financial Integration in a Banking Union" accepted at Review of Finance.
- December 2018: Proud to be a new Research Affiliate at the Center for Economic Policy Research.
- September 2018: I am now an Associate Professor at HEC Paris.
- August 2018: "Multinational Banks and Supranational Supervision" conditionally accepted at Review of Financial Studies.
- July 2018: New paper: "Inventory Management, Dealers' Connections, and Prices in OTC Markets".
- May 2018: New paper: "Financial Restructuring and Resolution of Banks" ; Substantial revision of "Multinational Banks and Supranational Supervision".
- March 2018: Proud to be a new member of the Finance Theory Group.