I am a Professor of Economics and the Associate Dean (Research) of the Business School at the University of New South Wales in Australia (click here for my university webpage and here for a pdf of my full CV).
I teach macroeconomics, finance, and econometrics. My research involves using statistical analysis to gain insights into a number of empirical issues in economics, including the following:
- Are business cycle fluctuations symmetric? What are their sources and economic implications?
- What is the nature of structural change in macroeconomic relationships? Is it gradual or abrupt?
- What are the sources of persistent changes in the unemployment rate?
- How does stock market volatility affect expected returns in the stock market?
- Why are exchange rates so volatile and persistent?
Phone: +612 9385 3366
Office: Room 628, UNSW Business School
Dean's Unit, Level 6
UNSW Business School
The University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052