IITR Encore Awards
Encore is an endowment fund established by the IIT Roorkee class of 1989 for the benefit of the Institute, its students, faculty and staff. The fund was set up in 2014 in partnership with IIT Roorkee to mark the 25th anniversary of our graduation from the Institute.
The Encore Awards are highly selective and prestigious. They recognize and reward students who have demonstrated outstanding accomplishments during their years at the Institute.
- Encore Awards for All-round Excellence : Two to three awards of Rs 50,000 each given to 4th year students for excellence across academics, sports, arts, social service and overall leadership.
- Encore Awards for Merit-cum-means: Four to six awards of Rs. 30,000 each given to 2nd year students for all-round excellence with means as an additional criteria.
We would like to encourage and recognize excellence demonstrated by women in technology. There are specific awards for female students.
All 2nd and 4th year students in a 4 or 5 year program admitted through the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) are eligible to apply.
The award-winners will be selected jointly by IIT Roorkee and representatives of the class of 1989 based on a rigorous selection process. Please refer to the Application Information page for the detailed selection criteria.
General application timeline:
- Early September - Application opens for that year
- End September-Beginning October - Applications due
- October-November - Application review, shortlist and interviews
- End November - Award winners are announced
- March - Awards are presented
Code of Conduct
All applicants agree to uphold the highest standards of integrity in their Awards application. Dishonesty, plagiarism, fabrication, or falsification of records will be grounds for immediate disqualification. Please refer to the Code Of Conduct page for more details.