|High school students from across the state of Iowa are invited to participate in the Iowa High School Battle of the Books.
Here's how it works:
1. Form a team of up to 6 students in grades 9-12 (you can have more than one team per school). Students may only be on one team.
2. Find an adult coach (teacher, parent, librarian)
3. Complete registration per team (electronic and written) and include $5 registration fee by check (postmarked NLT January 31).
4. Read the books!
5. Discuss the books, talk about them, have fun!
6. Coaches complete online survey to test the online testing system February 15-24
7. Take a multiple choice test and an author name test online with your team March 1-15 at your home school
8. Top 16 teams travel to Marshalltown for the GRAND BATTLE on April TBA, 2017.