Since 1977 several groups and individuals have circumnavigated Iceland by kayak. Here is what I believe to be a complete list, with some references and links. Please let me know if you are aware of others!
- 1977 Nigel and Geoff. You can read Nigel's account of part of their trip in the book Raging Rivers Stormy Seas by Storry, Bailie and Foster, cover shown below.
- 1986 John Bauman with the man he names only as Harry in his story of the journey, told as Icelandic Odyssey, in the book Seekers of the Horizon, a compilation of sea kayaking trips edited by Will Nordby 1989, cover below.
- 2003 Chris Duff, Shawna Franklin and Leon Somme.
- 2006 Rotem Ron completed the trip solo.
- 2011 Riaan Manser and Dan Skinstad on a tandem kayak
| Raging Rivers Stormy Seas|| Seekers of the Horizon|