Tips for Schematic Design
- Configure the following parameters: Company, Project and VersionRevision in Project -> Project Options -> Parameters. This variables are global to all sheets.
- Rename the sheet's name with a number like this: "[0X] - description.sch".
- Power with + Tag, It's useful for locale the net.
- Test points in bottom for testing process. Later you could use a needle bed.
- Junctions with only three lines, never four lines.
- No design with hierarchical mode.
- Use Net names to identify the important nets.
- Mechanical Page: fiducials, test GND points, PCB like an object (included in BOM), firmware,... etc; No Boom.
- Use NF tag to identify the components which are not placed.
- To show the numbers page in tags: Reports -> Port Cross Reference -> Add to Project.
- Design one component for each part number.
- When a new component is created, it's necessary add to extra parameters: .SchCheck [Check pin numbers, pin names and numbers of pins] and .PcbCheck [Check pin numbering, dimensions, compare printed footprint with a real component] with the initials of the person who has checked the component.
- You can add parameters automatically from parameter manager [tool -> parameter manager].
- With PCB designer use the mechanical layer 29 and 30 with a text of the designator to get the bottom [Mechanical layer 30] and top [Mechanical layer 30] assembly drawings. It's very useful in tiny designs where you can put the components tag's.
- Uses variants to decide what components have to be assembly.
- Make report outputs like Bill of Materials, BOM for 1 PCS, BOM for 1000 PCS, library check Component reference (for assembly company),... etc;
- Place the status of the schematic on the cover page: DRAFT, PRELIMINARY, CHECKED, RELEASED.