Welcome to THE Hills Junior Rugby Union Club
The Hills Junior Rugby Union Club has been active for sixty years and is located in the heart of the Hills District in North West Sydney.
"Hills Junior Rugby...developing kids, teams and community"
Mini's (u6-u9) play age specific modifed rugby on Saturday mornings among Two Blues, Eastwood and Penrith District Clubs.
XVs Juniors (u10-u16/17) play in the Sydney wide SJRU graded competition on Sundays only.
Girls 7s (U10+) play in the Sydney wide SJRU Sizzling 7s & Frosty 7s competitions.
Sense Rugby for children with special needs who find it difficult to be part of a competitive sports team.
Hills Seniors (Sub-District) normally fields five grades including Colts. Find the seniors website at www.hillsrugbyclub.com
RUGBY READINESS PROGRAM - November 2019
Are you Rugby Ready for High School?
Thanks to all those players, parents, coaches and volunteers who turned up to either participate, watch or assist with the Club's first ever High School Rugby Readiness Clinic on 30 November. It was an awesome afternoon, and a great opportunity for many kids new to the sport to learn the basics and fundamentals in a safe, fun and controlled environment.
If you're heading to High School in the next 1-2 years, and would like to jump on board the Club's High School Rugby Readiness program, please get in touch - contact the Club's Vice President, Jason Saffy for more details.
Jason Saffy - firstname.lastname@example.org or 0403 451 827.
THINKING OF PLAYING RUGBY UNION, OR TRANSFERRING, IN 2020?
Are you thinking of playing rugby union, or transferring to play, at Hills Junior Rugby in Season 2020?
The Club requires all NEW players (those who haven't played rugby union), as well as those who are considering transferring from another Club/ District/ State, to pre-register their interest at Hills Junior Rugby. This is to enable the Club to review and confirm the background and eligibility criteria for these players BEFORE they actually sign up and complete the registration and payment process.
EXPRESS INTEREST NOW by competing the Pre-Registration Form!
The Club's VP Minis will be in contact with regard to all interested players in the U6-U9 Age Groups, whilst the Club's VP Juniors will be in contact with regard to all interested players in the U10+ Age Groups. Please note, Age Groups are based on the chronological age of the player in 2020, ie the age they turn in the calendar year 2020.
For more information, the Club's VP Minis can be contacted at email@example.com (for all queries relating to players up to, and including, the age of 9), and the Club's VP Juniors can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org (in relation to players aged 10 and above).
- 10.12.19 - Committee Meeting
- 28.12.19 - Bunnings Castle Hill BBQ (U12s Fundraiser)
- 11.01.20 - Shopping Centre Community Awareness Day @ Winston Hills Mall
- 18.01.20 - Shopping Centre Community Awareness Day @ Castle Towers
- 06.02.20 - Touch 7s kicks off
- 07.02.20 - Golf Day @ Asquith Golf Club
- 09.02.20 - Come n Try Rugby Clinic (4pm-6pm) @ Yattenden
- 16.02.20 - Come n Try Rugby Clinic (4pm-6pm) @ Yattenden
- Mar 2020 - Pre-season Training U10s+
- 07.03.20 - Trivia Night @ Kings Langley Public School
- 29.03.20 - Round 1 Minis
- 30.03.20 - Round 1 Juniors
- 05.07.20 - King of The Hills Tournament for U8 & U9 Representative Teams
- July 2020 - U12 Tour to Qld
Coaching nominations - season 2020
Whilst nominations for all Minis (U6-U9) and Juniors (U10-OPENS) Coaching positions are now CLOSED, if you are interested, then please reach out to the relevant Vice President - either Aaron Spooner (email@example.com) or Dougal Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To be a Coach at Hills Junior Rugby you will need to have completed (or be on your way to completing by the start of the season) some certification requirements relevant to the Age Group you’re seeking to Coach. The Club can assist you to gain those certifications if necessary.
Before commencement of the 2020 Season, ALL Club Coaches must hold (and provide a current copy) to the Club of the required documentation:
- Rugby Australia ‘SmartRugby’ certificate, by successfully completing the online course via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal (https://rugby.force.com/rugbyportal/); and
- NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) ‘Working with Children Check’, by successfully completing the online application via the OCG Website. This is a mandatory requirement for all Hills Junior Rugby Coaches; and
- U8-U12 Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coaching Kids Rugby U8-U12’ certificate, by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal.
- U13+ Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coach Level 1 - Foundation Coach Program’ certificate by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal. Note: This Program has the Foundation Course as a pre-requisite.
The nominations for U6/U7 Coaching positions will remain open into early 2020 to provide an opportunity for any new parents to step up and get involved. The Club’s Committee will then review all nominations received and work with those candidates to make appointments for the 2020 Season in a timely manner before we then ramp up the player recruitment and retention activities in earnest.
Nominations are to be sent via email as per below indicating your name, the qualifications you currently hold and/or intend to obtain, your WWC details, contact number and Age Group that you’re interested in coaching, with any other relevant details/information that you would like to add:
U6 - U9: email@example.com
U10 - OPENS: firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions should be directed to the Club's President, Peter O'Farrell, on 0468 988 438.
2019 Annual general meeting
2019 AGM - Tuesday 22 October - Clubhouse Yattenden
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Hills Junior Rugby Union Club was held on Tuesday 22 October 2019 in the Clubhouse at Yattenden Park. Thanks to those who have contributed in Season 2019, and congratulations to those stepping up for Season 2020. The Club does not exist without the passion, dedication and commitment of these people to provide strategic leadership and operational guidance and direction. Thank You!