Welcome to THE Hills Junior Rugby Union Club
The Hills Junior Rugby Union Club has been active for sixty years and is located in the heart of the Hills District in North West Sydney.
"Hills Junior Rugby...developing kids, teams and community"
Mini's (U6-U9) play age specific modifed rugby on Saturday mornings among Two Blues, Eastwood and Penrith District Clubs.
XVs Juniors (U10-OPENS) play in the Sydney wide SJRU graded competition on Sundays only.
Girls 7s (U12 & U14) play in the Sydney wide SJRU Sizzling 7s & Frosty 7s competitions.
Sense Rugby for children with special needs who find it difficult to be part of a competitive sports team.
Hills Seniors (Sub-District) normally fields five grades including Colts. Find the seniors website at www.hillsrugbyclub.com
SEASON 2020 - XV JUNIORS
Registrations for Season 2020 are NOW OPEN for all RETURNING PLAYERS (i.e. those who played at the Club in Season 2019). BOTH the Early Bird AND Family Discounts ended at 5pm on 31 January 2020. Registrations for Season 2020 will continue to be done in the same manner as Season 2019 i.e. via the Rugby AU Registration and Competition Management App, Rugby Xplorer. The Regular Season Registrations fee for 2020 for our U6/7‘s is $110 per player, and for our U8/9’s is $155 per player, and $195 for our Juniors (U10+). Teams are filling quickly now with many moving to a Wait List arrangement, so get in Quick, and Active Kids Rebate Vouchers can still be used! All NEW players in Minis and Juniors receive free socks and shorts. All players receive a FREE training shirt thanks to the generosity of our 2020 Sponsors.
GIRLS SIZZLING 7s
Registrations for Hills Junior Rugby Girl's Sizzling 7s program are NOW OPEN. The Tournament welcomes all NEW and RETURNING Girl's 7s Players (U12 & U14 only), commencing on Saturday 15 February for an 8 week competition.
To register, all players must have a Rugby Xplorer account, and either register using the Rugby Xplorer App (available as a download from iTunes and Google Stores), or at the Rugby Xplorer Registration Website. The cost is $130 per player (this does not include socks and shorts - they are available for purchase).
THINKING OF PLAYING RUGBY UNION, OR TRANSFERRING, IN 2020?
Are you thinking of playing rugby union, or transferring to play, at Hills Junior Rugby in Season 2020?
The Club requires all NEW players (those who haven't played rugby union), as well as those who are considering transferring from another Club/ District/ State, to pre-register their interest at Hills Junior Rugby. This is to enable the Club to review and confirm the background and eligibility criteria for these players BEFORE they actually sign up and complete the registration and payment process.
EXPRESS INTEREST NOW by competing the Pre-Registration Form!
The Club's VP Minis will be in contact with regard to all interested players in the U6-U9 Age Groups, whilst the Club's VP Juniors will be in contact with regard to all interested players in the U10+ Age Groups. Please note, Age Groups are based on the chronological age of the player in 2020, ie the age they turn in the calendar year 2020.
For more information, the Club's VP Minis can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org (for all queries relating to players up to, and including, the age of 9), and the Club's VP Juniors can be contacted at email@example.com (in relation to players aged 10 and above).
- 20.02.20 - Round 3 Touch 7s @ Yattenden
- 21.02.20 - Come n Try Rugby Clinic @ Yattenden 6.30pm
- 22.02.20 - Round 2 Girls Sizzling 7s
- 27.02.20 - Round 4 Touch 7s @ Yattenden
- 29.02.20 - Round 3 Girls Sizzling 7s
- 01.03.20 - U12s Bunnings BBQ @ Castle Hill
- 05.03.20 - Round 5 Touch 7s @ Yattenden
- 07.03.20 - Trivia Night @ Kings Langley Public School
- 10.03.20 - Committee Meeting @ Yattenden
- 12.03.2020 - Training U10s+ starts
- 20.03.20 - Training U6 - U9 starts
- 28.03.20 - Round 1 Minis
- 29.03.20 - Round 1 Juniors
- 20.06.20 - Minis Inter-District Gala Day
- 05.07.20 - King of The Hills Tournament for U8 & U9 Rep Teams
- July 2020 - U12 Tour to Qld
- 02.08.20 - Harbord Harlequins for U8 & U9 Rep Teams
Coaching nominations - season 2020
Whilst nominations for all Minis (U6-U9) and Juniors (U10-OPENS) Coaching positions are now CLOSED, if you are interested, then please reach out to the relevant Vice President - either Aaron Spooner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dougal Smith (email@example.com).
To be a Coach at Hills Junior Rugby you will need to have completed (or be on your way to completing by the start of the season) some certification requirements relevant to the Age Group you’re seeking to Coach. The Club can assist you to gain those certifications if necessary.
Before commencement of the 2020 Season, ALL Club Coaches must hold (and provide a current copy) to the Club of the required documentation:
- Rugby Australia ‘SmartRugby’ certificate, by successfully completing the online course via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal (https://rugby.force.com/rugbyportal/); and
- NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) ‘Working with Children Check’, by successfully completing the online application via the OCG Website. This is a mandatory requirement for all Hills Junior Rugby Coaches; and
- U8-U12 Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coaching Kids Rugby U8-U12’ certificate, by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal.
- U13+ Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coach Level 1 - Foundation Coach Program’ certificate by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal. Note: This Program has the Foundation Course as a pre-requisite.
The nominations for U6/U7 Coaching positions will remain open into early 2020 to provide an opportunity for any new parents to step up and get involved. The Club’s Committee will then review all nominations received and work with those candidates to make appointments for the 2020 Season in a timely manner before we then ramp up the player recruitment and retention activities in earnest.
Nominations are to be sent via email as per below indicating your name, the qualifications you currently hold and/or intend to obtain, your WWC details, contact number and Age Group that you’re interested in coaching, with any other relevant details/information that you would like to add:
U6 - U9: firstname.lastname@example.org
U10 - OPENS: email@example.com
Any questions should be directed to the Club's President, Peter O'Farrell, on 0468 988 438.