Welcome to THE Hills Junior Rugby Union Club
The Hills Junior Rugby Union Club has been active for sixty years and is located in the heart of the Hills District in North West Sydney.
"Hills Junior Rugby...developing kids, teams and community"
Mini's (u6-u9) play age specific modifed rugby on Saturday mornings among Two Blues, Eastwood and Penrith District Clubs.
Juniors (u10-u16/17) play in the Sydney wide SJRU graded competition on Sundays.
Girls 7s (U10 +) play in the Sydney wide SJRU Sizzling 7s & Frosty 7s competitions.
Sense Rugby for children with special needs who find it difficult to be part of a competitive sports team.
Hills Seniors (Sub-District) normally fields five grades including Colts. Find the seniors website at www.hillsrugbyclub.com
- 22.10.19 - AGM
- 19.11.19 - Rugby Mums Pinot & Picasso Afternoon
Coaching nominations - season 2020
Whilst nominations for all Minis (U6-U9) and Juniors (U10-OPENS) Coaching positions are now CLOSED, if you are interested, then please reach out to the relevant Vice President - either Aaron Spooner (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Danielle Stark (email@example.com).
To be a Coach at Hills Junior Rugby you will need to have completed (or be on your way to completing by the start of the season) some certification requirements relevant to the Age Group you’re seeking to Coach. The Club can assist you to gain those certifications if necessary.
Before commencement of the 2020 Season, ALL Club Coaches must hold (and provide a current copy) to the Club of the required documentation:
- Rugby Australia ‘SmartRugby’ certificate, by successfully completing the online course via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal (https://rugby.force.com/rugbyportal/); and
- NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian (OCG) ‘Working with Children Check’, by successfully completing the online application via the OCG Website. This is a mandatory requirement for all Hills Junior Rugby Coaches; and
- U8-U12 Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coaching Kids Rugby U8-U12’ certificate, by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal.
- U13+ Coaches must hold, at minimum, a current ‘Coach Level 1 - Foundation Coach Program’ certificate by completing the online and face-to-face Program on offer via the Rugby Australia Learning Centre Portal. Note: This Program has the Foundation Course as a pre-requisite.
The nominations for U6/U7 Coaching positions will remain open into early 2020 to provide an opportunity for any new parents to step up and get involved. The Club’s Committee will then review all nominations received and work with those candidates to make appointments for the 2020 Season in a timely manner before we then ramp up the player recruitment and retention activities in earnest.
Nominations are to be sent via email as per below indicating your name, the qualifications you currently hold and/or intend to obtain, your WWC details, contact number and Age Group that you’re interested in coaching, with any other relevant details/information that you would like to add:
U6 - U9: firstname.lastname@example.org
U10 - OPENS: email@example.com
Any questions should be directed to the Club's President, Peter O'Farrell, on 0468 988 438.
2019 Annual general meeting
2019 AGM - Tuesday 22 October - Clubhouse Yattenden
The 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Hills Junior Rugby Union Club will be held on Tuesday 22 October 2019 in the Clubhouse at Yattenden Park. Registration of Attendance will commence from 6.30pm and the meeting itself will commence sharply at 7pm.
Nominations for the Season 2020 Committee are now CLOSED. Nominations will be confirmed at the AGM.