I am a Scientia Fellow and Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Associate Professor in the North American system) at the School of Computer Science and Engineering, UNSW and the team leader of the Algorithmic Decision Theory group.
My research interests broadly relate to artificial intelligence, theoretical computer science and microeconomic theory. In particular, I work in two fields at the intersection of these areas: algorithmic game theory and computational social choice. In a layperson's terms, my research agenda can be described as designing algorithms that facilitate cooperation and make fairer and better decisions.
I occasionally blog about my academic research interests at http://haris-aziz.blogspot.com , The Conversation or Medium. I am happy to explore relevant academic or research openings and opportunities locally or globally.
- I am expecting funding for a new postdoc. The project involves a blend of approximation algorithms and algorithmic fair division. Knowledge of reinforcement learning will be advantageous. Contact me if your profile fits the requirements!
- I have a new fully-funded PhD opening in "Mechanism Design for Fair Transport Systems" under Vinayak Dixit, David Parkes and me. The successful applicant will receive a $50,000 scholarship package for four years, comprising of a $41,209 per annum tax-free stipend and a travel and development support package of up to $10,000 per annum. The applications will close on 12th July 2019. [ Link ].
- I am on the organizing team of AAMAS 2020 as the tutorial chair.
- I organized SECW 2019.
- We are organizing a Dagstuhl seminar on "Matching under Preferences".
- Workshops FAMAS (Fair Allocation in Multiagent System) and GAIW (Games, Agents and Incentives Workshop) will be co-located with AAMAS.
- New PhD openings: Interested applicants are advised to email me a one page research statement / proposal, CV, and transcripts.
- I was invited to speak at FoDI. Here's a recap by Inside UNSW.
- We are organizing ACCMC 2019 at UNSW.
- I have been elected to the IFAAMAS Board of Directors.
Computer Science and Engineering
Sydney NSW 2052, Australia
Fax: +61 2 8306 0405