Training Requirements, Automation, and Job Polarization, with Andy Feng. Accepted for publication at Economic Journal; this version: November 2018 (previously titled "Rise of the Machines: The Effects of Labor-Saving Innovations on Jobs and Wages"). Online Appendix
A Question of Degree: The Effects of Degree Class on Labor Market Outcomes, with Andy Feng. Economics of Education Review, December 2017.
Is Modern Technology Responsible for Jobless Recoveries?, with Guy Michaels. American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, May 2017. Longer working paper version
Human Capital, Signaling, and Employer Learning: What Insights Do We Gain from Regression Discontinuity Designs? Revise and resubmit (2nd round) at Canadian Journal of Economics; this version: December 2018.
College Admission Opportunities and Educational Outcomes, with Björn Öckert and Oskar Nordström Skans. This version: May 2018.
Media & policy
- "Is modern technology responsible for jobless recoveries?" summarized at VoxEU, IZA Newsroom
- "Robots at work" summarized at VoxEU, IZA Newsroom, and SNS (in Swedish)
- "Is modern technology responsible for jobless recoveries?" covered by Bloomberg View
- "Robots at work" covered by Bloomberg Business, Brookings, FT.com, Harvard Business Review, Kennislink (in Dutch), MIT Technology Review, The Telegraph, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, ZEIT ONLINE (in German)
- "A question of degree" covered by BBC News, The Telegraph, Times Higher Education