This site is devoted to announcing new versions of libcap, and sharing information about using Linux Capabilities - an alternative to the superuser model of privilege under Linux.
- You can read about Linux Capabilities in this OLS paper.
- You can download libcap2 in the following ways:
- As a tar file here.
- Or browse the git managed source here.
- The Linux capability implementation is based on a defunct draft specification for various UN*X security extensions:
- Other sites that discuss the Linux capability implementation include: