I am Frank Heile and this is my personal website. I will talk about subjects that interest me in and I will also talk about some of my accomplishments.
Subjects that interest me in include:
Some of my accomplishments include:
- A Bachelor's degree and a Masters degree in Physics from MIT in 4 years.
- A PhD from Stanford in Physics. My thesis advisor was Martin Perl who received a Nobel Prize in 1995 for discovering the Tau lepton. My thesis was a small contribution to the work for which he received the Nobel prize. That thesis resulted in the following publication:
- After obtaining my PhD in Physics, I worked for 24 years as a software engineer and in software engineering management.
- The first 10 years were in the field of medical imaging for Varian Associates, Diasonics and DigiRad (a failed startup)
- Then for 14 years I worked in the field of Electrical CAD software development for Altera Corporation - eventually as a Director of Software Engineering.
- While at Altera, I generated two publications:
- From my work at Altera I am the inventor on 46 patents. Of these 46 patents, there are:
- 11 patents where I was the sole inventor,
- 15 patents where I was one of small group of inventors and
- 20 patents where I was part of a larger group of inventors that developed a new programmable logic chip architecture.