Merwin Hall 172
My new favicon is parametric curve I discovered in sage.
I have been an assistant professor of mathematics at Florida Gulf Coast University since the fall of 2012.
I received my Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Iowa in July 2012.
My main research area lies somewhere around the intersection of algebraic geometry and algebraic combinatorics, but my interests are also expanding to include graph theory and discrete mathematics. My research page has more on that.
- I am pumped for USTARS 2017 to be held at Amherst College March 31-April 2, 2017!
- I am excited for the ASPiRE 2017 conference at FGCU on February 11, 2017.
- I will be presenting at JMM 2017 in Atlanta, GA.
- Thanks to the generous support of the Seidler Benefaction Undergraduate Collaborative Research Fellowship, I worked with two FGCU undergraduates, Lucas Everham and Vince Marcantonio, on a 10 week project exploring peak sets on graphs.
- I was awarded FGCU's Junior Faculty Scholarship Excellence Award and Excellence in Mentoring Award in April 2016.
- Two of my student collaborators won top awards at FGCU's Research Day 2016. Karen Marino won the Dean's Award for Best Graduate Student Research Poster, and Lucas Everham won the Dean's Award for Best Undergraduate Research Poster in the Sciences.
- USTARS 2016 at Sam Houston State University was held on April 15-17th 2016.
- I attended and spoke at the 31st Annual SIDIM conference at the University of Puerto Rico - Humacao on March 5-6 2016.
- I co-organized an AMS Special Session on Algebraic Geometry and Combinatorics at the Eastern Sectional Meeting at Rutgers University on Nov 14-15.
- I was honored to be invited to speak at the SACNAS National Meeting on Oct 28-Nov 1.
- This summer I attended the PREP Workshop - Implementing and Creating POGIL Activities on July 15--18 and the "Recent developments in Hessenberg varieties" workshop at the Fields Institute, July 22--24, 2015.
- USTARS 2015 will be held on April 18-19 at FGCU!
- I encourage all of my students to sign up and attend the third annual Advancing Student Participation in Research Experiences (ASPiRE) conference at FGCU. This year's event is February 7th 2015.
- I attended the JMM in San Antonio on January 10-13 2015.
- USTARS 2014 was a great success! April 11-13 at UC-Berkeley.
- I attended the JMM 2014 in Baltimore.
- I spoke at the UW Combinatorics Seminar Oct 2nd 2013
- I attended Mathfest 2013 and the Project NExT workshop in Hartford, Connecticut from July 30-Aug 3 2013.
- I spoke at the CSUSB REU July 17 2013.
- The USTARS 2013 conference was April 19-21 at Purdue University. See you there!
- I helped organize the first annual ASPIRE Conference here at FGCU.
- I attended the Trends in Undergraduate Research in the Mathematical Sciences conference on October 26-28 2012.
- I enjoyed attending the Mathematical Society of Japan's International summer school and conference on Schubert calculus 2012 this July.
- I was selected as a Project NExT fellow this year. I attended the Project NExT workshops and Mathfest 2012 in Madison July 30-August 4.
- USTARS 2012 was a great success. You can view the slides from the talks here.
- I co-organized the USTARS 2011 Conference (Undderrepresented Students in Topology and Algebra Research Symposium). Follow the link to view an archive of the USTARS 2011 talks.
- I was a graduate mentor for University of Iowa's 2011 VIGRE REU.
- Project NExT 2012 Fellow - Silver12
- UI Graduate College Presidential Fellowship 2006, 2010, & 2012
- NSF VIGRE Fellowship 2011