Dr. Rizwan Ahmed Khan
Associate Professor / Barrett Hodgson University, Pakistan.
Research fellow / LIRIS UMR 5205 CNRS , Université De Lyon, France.
- Current: Associate Professor / Dean , Faculty of Information Technology at Barrett Hodgson University, Pakistan.
- Responsibilities: Teaching undergraduate courses, Revitalizing research environment, Curriculum design and Faculty / education management / administrative issues.
- June 2016: Visiting researcher at Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory, Faculty of Computer Science and Media Technology, NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Gjøvik, Norway.
- Project: IQ-MED: Image Quality enhancement in MEDical diagnosis, monitoring and treatment, the core concept of the project is anomaly detection in medical images, leading to improvement in wireless capsule endoscopy system.
- Feb 2015 - On wards: Postdoctoral research fellow @ LIRIS, Universite de Lyon, France.
- Dec 2013 - Dec 2014: Postdoctoral research fellow @ Laboratory LabexIMU Lyon, France.
- Project: The targeted application concerns the automated analysis of first person-view image sequences acquired using a mobile camera (glasses) endowed with an eye-tracking system. The general goal being full scene labeling / parsing while specific goal is detection and recognition of various focused scene elements.
- 2010 - 2013 PhD Scholar at Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
- 2008 - 2010 Master Erasmus Mundus (Color in Informatics and Media Technology (CIMET))
- 2003 - 2005 Masters in Computer Engineering
- Studied at: National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST), Pakistan
- 1998 - 2002 Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Systems)
- Studied at: Mehran University of Engineering and Technology (MUET), Pakistan
Awards & Honors
- Our paper received Best Paper award at the International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, ICMI 2017, Glasgow, Scotland. [View certificate].
- 2016 Invited as visiting researcher at Norwegian Colour and Visual Computing Laboratory, NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway.
- 2013 - 2015 Awarded certificate in recognition of services to Erasmus Mundus Association [certificate-IA] [certificate-PR].
- 2010 - 2013 PhD fellowship from Region Rhone-Alpes, France.
- 2008 - 2010 European Commission Erasmus Mundus (now Erasmus+) scholarship for Masters degree.
Reviewer / TPC member
- Taylor & Francis : Network: Computation in Neural Systems
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence & Data Mining
- IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems
- Springer International Journal of Automation and Computing
- Springer Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces
- Electronic Letters on Computer Vision and Image Analysis (ELCVIA)
- Mehran University Research Journal of Engineering & Technology
- International Multi Topic Conference 2018 (IMTIC '18), Pakistan.
- International Conference on Signal Image Technology & Internet based Systems (SITIS 2016), Naples, Italy.
- International Conference on Information and Communication Systems (ICICS 2016), Jordan.
- International Workshop on Movement and Computing (MOCO'15) , Vancouver, Canada.
- International Multi Topic Conference 2015 (IMTIC '15), Pakistan.
- International Conference on Signal, Image, Vision and their Applications 2015 (SIVA 2015), Algeria.
- PhD thesis external evaluator for NUST, Pakistan
News & Updates
Looking for faculty or research position !!