Conexant HSF software modem’s installation procedure for Windows XP x64
In the "Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard" window, do the following:
- On the initial screen, asking whether Windows can connect to Windows Update to search for software, select "No, not this time" and click "Next".
- Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" and click "Next".
- Select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and click "Next".
- In the "Manufacturer" column, select CXT (which possibly means Conexant), in the "Models" column, select "PCI SoftV92 Data Fax Modem" (usually, these will be already selected). Click "Next".
- A warning "Installing this device driver is not recommended..." may appear; if it does, ignore it and click "Yes". Modem driver will be installed.
- At the end of the installation, click "Finish". You can start using the modem!