For Personal Return
- Last year's Federal and State returns *New clients only*
- W-2s for wages, salaries, tips, and pensions
- 1098s for mortgage interest paid
- 1099s for interest, dividends, state tax refunds, retirement plan distributions, unemployment, cancellation of debt, and other payments
- Retirement plan contribution statements
- K-1s from partnerships, S Corporations, estates, and trusts
- Social Security numbers for yourself, spouse, and all dependents
- Driver's license or other form of identification
IF YOU ITEMIZE DEDUCTIONS to complete Schedule A, you will need records and receipts for:
- Medical and dental expenses. This includes drugs, doctor office visit payments, dental care costs, hospital bills, medical insurance premiums as long as they aren't paid at work via pre-tax dollars, and the mileage to and from physicians' offices
- Taxes you paid, such as state and local income or sales taxes, real estate taxes and personal property taxes
- Mortgage interest and points. This is on the Form 1098 or substitute form noted previously
- Charitable contributions, regardless of whether as cash, credit card, other assets or household goods and clothing
- Casualty and theft losses
- Worksheet for personal deductions
IF YOU OWN RENTAL PROPERTY, please complete this worksheet:
IF YOU ARE A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER FILING SCHEDULE C, you will need all receipts and documentation pertaining to your company, including:
- Income statements, such as the 1099-MISC mentioned earlier as well as payment stubs for amounts not required to be reported on a 1099
- Home size and size of space used as a home office
- Self-employed health insurance payments
- Keogh, SEP, SIMPLE and other self-employed pension plan contributions
- Details on business use of your auto
- List for Business Deductions
- Have you received any correspondence from the Internal Revenue Service or state/local tax agencies?
- Did your marital status change during the year? If you divorced, did you receive or pay any alimony?
- Did you incur child care or dependent care expenses?
- Did you or any member of your household pay college expenses?
- Did you make any major improvements to your home?