Welcome to my web page.
Let me tell you a little about myself.
I was born and raised in Torino (Turin) in north west of Italy and I did all my
schooling in this town. Besides being a student at the Conservatorium of Music "G.Verdi", I also did fairly well in school. So I had my Bachelor of Music-Piano Performance in 1993 and a Master in Applied Mathematics at the "Università degli Studi" of Torino in 1999.
I started to work in the private IT and Telecommunication sectors as Cisco Engineer.
My primary interest since 1999 is studying and hacking the Linux
environment. Between 2003 and 2006 I had an experience as a Linux
distribution developer and team leader which involved me into many
different activities ranging from the
conception and creation from sources of all the pieces and technologies
of a modern Linux distribution to
the development and debugging in the Linux environment and the
compliance with the available standards (mainly LHS and LSB).
Currently I'm focusing on the advanced and secure Linux programming, embedded Linux systems, Nagios monitoring, Cryptography and Mathematical Logic, and on Open Source Web technologies (Apache, PHP and MySQL).
When I'm not working or studying, I like to spend my time playing with my dog "Pixi", taking care of my plants (crassulaceae, succulents and cactaceae), reading books, travelling and taking pictures, and help improving the openmamba Linux Distribution.
I live and work in Nice, in the south east of France.
Curriculum vitae in French (pdf-TeX format)
- 1971: Well, everything has to start sometime :-)
- 1987: First approach to computer programming in Basic language on a CASIO PB-700.
- 1982-1993: Bachelor of Music-Piano Performance at Torino Conservatorium of Music Giuseppe Verdi.
- 1990: Certificate of Education in Scientific Studies at Liceo M.Curie of Grugliasco, near Torino.
- 1992: Fortran and Borland Turbo Pascal programming.
- 1995: C and MatLab programming, Math Programming, Computer Graphics
- 1997-1999: TeXhacker and enthusiast; creation of the macro package easyTeX and the macros astmacro written for the Accademia delle Scienze of Torino.
- 1998: C++ programmer.
- 1999: Master in Applied Mathematics at the Università degli Studi of Torino.
- 2000: CLSC (Cisco LAN Switch Configuration) Certified.
- 2000-2001: Cisco Engineer (Cisco routers and WAN technologies) at Fiat ITS (Information Technology and Services) and on other business critical environments.
- 2001-2003: Experience as Network Delivery and Project Manager for the Atlanet Internet Service
- Provider; experience in the implementation and troubleshooting of WAN links using most existing routing and network protocols and in the MPLS Technology.
- 2003-2006: Project leader and Linux developer for creating the QiLinux Linux distribution. Contributions to several OpenSource projects (code debugging, bug-reports, translations, lots of patches, software development, security).
- 2003: Zyxel Certified (Zyxel routers and ZyWall firewalls).
- 2007: VMware Certified Professional on VI3 (VCP310).
- 2007-2008: Linux and VMware engineer at IBM GlobalValue in Torino.
- 2008, june: Move to Nice, France.
- 2008: Linux developer (C/C++) on Linux-powered mobile internet devices (Moblin project, now MeeGo!) in Sophia Antipolis.
- 2008-2014: Gradually improving my collection of crassulaceae, succulents and cactaceae :-)
- 2009-2011: Linux RedHat/SuSE Engineer at IBM La Gaude Research Center.
- 2011-2014: Nagios/Centreon Monitoring and Linux Engineer and Developer at IBM La Gaude. Active member of the Linux Center of Excellence - IBM France which aims to test, standardize, and improve the Linux technologies used by the delivery teams.
- 2012, December 18: I joined GitHub and started to host my own opensource projects.
- 2013: I'm now an auto-entrepreneur (SIRET: 79212659100017). Working on some Linux embedded projects (operating systems and multimedia applications).
Languages spoken / learned
- Italian, native speaker.
- French, excellent speaking, reading and writing ability.
- English, good speaking, reading and writing ability.
- Polish, only very very basic knowledge.
My latest Open Source projects
- Development of some NRPE plugins for the Linux, *BSD, AIX, and Solaris/OpenIndiana platforms and a complete suite of Nagios plugins for monitoring Linux servers and appliances.
- Main developer of the autospec suite for managing the development of an rpm-based Linux distribution (used by QiLinux and openmamba Linux distros).
- Porting openmamba GNU/Linux to the Raspberry Pi hardware and make it a Windows thin client and a Media Player and Entertainment hub for digital media.
- Developer at the openmamba GNU/Linux distribution.
- Development of the wtmpclean security tool for listing and editing the content of a wtmp database.
- Thesis (Università degli Studi of Torino; thesis mentor: prof. Angelo Negro):
"Algorithms for Searching Saddle Points in Convex Analysis
application to the Monotonic, Regular and Optimized interpolation."
Thesis (in italian) - Mathematical description and C++ code
1,4M View Download
- Hacking fai da te: Coprire le tracce, Linux Magazine, april 2010.
What I'm studying right now
- Advanced C programming and debugging techniques in the Linux environment using OpenSource tools.
- Portability for C applications on Unix, GNU/Linux, and Windows/cygwin platforms.
- Secure programming in Unix environment.
- Apache Web Server, PHP and MySQL.
- Modular Arithmetic and Cryptology.
- Real-time and Embedded Linux Systems. POSIX-1-2008, Single UNIX Specification (SUSv3, SUSv4), and LSB standards.