Xinggang Wang is an Assistant Professor in the School of Electronic Information and Communications in Huazhong University of Science and Technology. His research interests are computer vision, deep learning and machine learning.
He completed his Ph.D. and B.E. in Huazhong University of Science and Technology in 2014 and 2009 respectively. His Ph.D. supervisor is Prof. Wenyu Liu. During his Ph.D. period, he visited UCLA and Temple University where he was supervised by Prof. Alan Yuille and Prof. Longin Latecki, respectively. He also worked in the visual computing group in Microsoft Research Asia as an intern, supervised by Prof. Zhuowen Tu and collaborated with Prof. Yi Ma.
- Outstanding reviewers of the Pattern Recognition journal, the Nurocomputing journal, the Pattern Recognition Letter journal, 2017
- Excellent Ph.D. Thesis Award Nomination, China Education Society OF Electronics，CESE, 2017
- Excellent Ph.D. Thesis Award, Hubei Province, 2016
- Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship Award , 2012 [more information ]
- National PhD Fellowship, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 2012