Joseph M. Ransdell's articles. This list is far from complete, containing only his papers that are free online. The list is based on my edits at Wikipedia on "Charles Sanders Peirce bibliography." Also see Ransdell's list (without much of the publication info) and comments at his professional home page.
Material from Wikipedia Copyright Wikipedia (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License)
- 1977. "Some Leading Ideas of Peirce's Semiotic," Semiotica 19, 1977, pp. 157–178. Arisbe lightly revised eprint.
- 1979. "The Epistemic Function of Iconicity in Perception," Studies in Peirce's Semiotic, pp. 51–66, Institute for Studies in Pragmaticism, Lubbock, TX. 2005 Arisbe revised eprint.
- 1980. "On the Paradigm of Experience Appropriate for Semiotic",
delivered orally at a meeting of the Semiotic Society of America in
Lubbock, Texas in 1980 and published in Semiotics 1980, eds. Michael Herzfeld and Margot Lenhart, Plenum Press, New York, 1982, pp. 427–438. 1998 version 2.0 Arisbe eprint. Advocates Peircean (as opposed to Husserlian) phenomenological viewpoint.
- 1986. "On Peirce's Conception of the Iconic Sign," Iconicity: Essays on the Nature of Culture, Festschrift for Thomas A. Sebeok, ed. Paul Bouissac, Michael Herzfeld, and Roland Posner (Stauffenburg Verlag (1986). 1997 version 2.0 Arisbe eprint.
- 1989. "Teleology and the Autonomy of the Semiosis Process,"
presented at a conference of the International Association for Semiotic
Studies (IASS) held in Barcelona and Perpignan in March-April 1989.
Published in Signs of Humanity/L'homme et ses signes, v. 1, Mouton de Gruyter, 1992. Arisbe eprint.
- 1989. "Is Peirce a Phenomenologist?", published in French as "Peirce est-il un phénoménologue?" in Ètudes Phénoménologiques, 9-10 (1989), pp. 51–75. Arisbe English translation eprint.
- (1995, 1998. "Sciences as Communicational Communities," invited
paper delivered orally at a meeting of the American Physical Society.
Version 3.1 1998 substantially revised. eprint.
- 2000. "Peirce and the Socratic Tradition in Philosophy,"
presidential address given to the meeting of the Charles S. Peirce
Society in Boston, December 28, 1999. Published in TCSPS, v. 36, n. 3
(Summer 2000). Arisbe eprint.
- 2002. "The Relevance Of Peircean Semiotic To Computational Intelligence Augmentation," the Proceedings
version of a paper presented at the Workshop on Computational
Intelligence and Semiotics, Itaú Cultural, São Paulo, Brazil, 8–9
October 2002. eprint.
- 2007 draft. "On the Use and Abuse of the Immediate/Dynamical Object Distinction," Arisbe eprint.