All CND members are welcome at our regular meetings. Our next meeting will be :
Time: 7:00 pm, Monday 5th Sept 2016
Location: Upstairs Bar, Watershed, Canon's Rd, Bristol BS1 5TX
Current Campaigning Activities:
- URGENT - TRIDENT VOTE ANNOUNCED FOR MONDAY 18th JULY
Contact your MP today and urge them to vote against Trident renewal.
Click here to find who you MP is, and how to contact them.
Click here to download a 'model email', or here for a pro-forma letter, or use this leaflet to support your arguments.
See facebook event page for Bristol Virtual Lobby of MPs here - please share.
Don't forget to include your name and address, as MPs will only respond to their own constituents.
- Join us at the Fountains at 6:00 pm on Tuesday 12th July for a Bristol Protest and Rally Against Renewing Trident
See facebook event page here - please share!
- Join us on Anchor Road at 12:00 pm on Saturday 16th July for Bristol Harbourside Mass Leafleting, encouraging Bristolians to contact their MP
See facebook event here - please share. You can download the 'contact your Bristol MP' leaflet we shall be distributing, from here.
- At 6:00 pm on Monday 18th July, join us for a vigil at College Green on the day of parliament's Trident vote
See facebook event here - please share.
075 272 95109
Join Bristol CND or renew your membership:
Alternatively, you can join Bristol CND or renew your membership by printing out the membership form and here and post it by Royal Mail (with a cheque or Banker Standing Order form).
Recent Campaigning Activities:
- For Bristol CND's summary of the arguments against Trident renewal, see here What the bloody hell is it for
- For a brief summary of Bruce Kent's arguments against Trident, see this two minute video produced when Bruce was on the Reading leg of his Scrap Trident tour.
- Read our piece ‘Can we be nuclear-free’ recently published in Copyright Magazine
- FILM: 'The Man Who Saved The World'
6 pm, Monday 4th April, Truthout Cinema at the Arts House Café, 108A Stokes Croft, BS1 3RU
Star-studded movie of the true story of Stanislav Petrov, who averted nuclear disaster when an apparent US attack showed on Soviet radar.
Plus speaker Carol Naughton from WMD Awareness
- 'Stop Trident - Decision Time 2016' National demo in London Sat 27th Feb 2016. Thank you to all those who joined Bristol CND, Bristol Stop the War and Bristol People's Assembly in London for the biggest anti-nuclear demonstration of a generation. It was a great day!
- Public speaker meeting and rally, Trinity Centre, Bristol, 7 pm Tues 2nd Feb
Jointly organised by Bristol CND, Bristol Stop the War and Bristol People's Assembly.
With Rebecca Johnson, John Rees, Shahrar Ali and Mhairi Threlfall. Many thanks to all those who joined us for an inspiring evening!
- Remembering Hiroshima and Nagasaki 70 years on. Thank you to all those who joined us on 6th August in remembering the 70th anniversary of Hiroshima and Nagasaki at the Peace Grove in Castle Park. We planted a tree in memory of all those killed and left devastated by the horror, and wrote messages of peace to hang from the tree. See Evening Post article here.
- Stalls at Labour Party Garden party, Amnesty Garden Party and street stalls - thank you to all those who supported us.
- Thank you to all the Bristol CND members who wrote letters, and sent emails and attended election hustings to quiz Prospective Parlimentary Candidates on their views on Trident renewal
Burghfield Lockdown, Monday 7th March 2015. Around 200 hardy protesters, including from Bristol CND, close d down the nuclear factory for the day!
Wrap up Trident! on Saturday 24th Jan 2015 in London. Over 3,000 protesters took our message to parliament!
Wool Against Weapons national protest on 9th August 2014 (download Bristol CND poster from here, see here for details of Wool against Weapons nationally), Knitting a 7 mile long knitted Peace Scarf to stretch between AWE Aldermaston and Burghfield on 9th August!
Unveiling of Bristol's part of the Wool Against Weapons scarf on 2nd August 2014 - See here for Evening Post story.
- 'Wool Against Weapons' Knit-In at Lush in Broadmead, Sat 14th June - Many thanks to everyone who came and knitted, or sent wool or pieces, and to Lush for their wonderful support! See here for article in Bristol Evening Post, and here for video of interview with Jeanne Jones at the Knit-In.
Bruce Kent's visit to Bristol, Wed 2nd April 2014:
- Interview of Bruce by Anthea Page of Bristol Community FM Radio
- Click here for Video of Public meeting, "People not Trident" at Hamilton House
Speakers: Bruce Kent (CND), Brett Sparkes (Bristol People’s Assembly), Rowland Dye (Action AWE)
Click here for press release, and here (part1) and here (part2), for video of Public meeting "Peace, Justice and our responsibility to actively work for peace", at Trinity-Henleaze United Reformed Church (organised byBristol Multi-Faith Forum)
Many thanks to everyone involved in the street stall in Broadmead and at Hamiltom House
- Report an International War Crime at Reading Police Station:
Sat 8th February 2014
- Remember Hiroshima : An Evening of Talks, Films and Discussions, Tues 6th August 2013 ARC Bar, 27 Broad Street, BS1 2HG
- Stall at Broadmead, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Saturday 6th July 2013 Many thanks to everyone who came along to help with leafleting and collecting signatures for the Scrap Trident petition. We hope to do this again soon!
'Peace Matters' newletter
See the latest edition of 'Peace Matters', our local newsletter below:
'Shout About Peace' : art, writing and film competitions
for details of all three competitions:
for Bristol CND's constitution