Dr Christian Kroll
- Scientific Co-Director, SDG Index & Dashboards www.sdgindex.org
- Senior Expert, Bertelsmann Stiftung
- Guest Lecturer, Hertie School of Governance
- Young Global Leader, World Economic Forum
Dr. Christian Kroll is the Scientific Co-Director of the SDG Index and Dashboards, a research project on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (annual report produced with UN Special Advisor Jeffrey Sachs). Christian was honoured as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum in 2018.
Christian works as Senior Expert for Sustainable Development at Bertelsmann Stiftung. He authored numerous articles in scientific journals and policy-oriented reports, including "Sustainable Development Goals: Are the rich countries ready" with a foreword by Kofi Annan. He is also a Guest Lecturer at the Hertie School of Governance in Berlin, he taught classes at the London School of Economics and held academic positions at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government as well as Jacobs University Bremen. Christian gained a PhD from the London School of Economics and Political Science with a thesis entitled "Towards a Sociology of Happiness". His research has featured in national and international media such as the Harvard Business Review, Washington Post, Le Monde, Die Zeit, ARD, Spiegel Online among others.
- Hertie School of Governance Berlin: "Sustainable Development: Theory, Analysis, Practice" (2018)
- Hertie School of Governance Berlin: "Sustainable Development: Theory, Analysis, Practice" (2017)
- Hertie School of Governance Berlin: "Implementation Strategies for the UN Global Goals" (2016)
- London School of Economics: "Issues and Methods in Social Research" (2009 / 2010)
Kroll, Christian (with a foreword by Kofi Annan): Sustainable Development Goals - Are the rich countries ready?