Summer Ball 2019
Welcome to Centaurus Warriors 2019 Summer Baseball!
Practice starts May 20th, 4pm on varsity field.
1. We will have two to three teams and we will play baseball through Colorado American Legion Baseball (www.calb.org). Skill levels will be A (Varsity) and B (JV) and C (if we have enough incoming players).
2. Players who have completed Middle School are eligible to play Summer Baseball.
3. Game times are usually in the afternoon on weekdays and morning and afternoon on Saturdays. Practices are usually from 4 to 6 pm when there’s no game.
4. Summer season starts the end of May and goes through the end of July.
5. Tryouts are tentative and may be scheduled in mid-May. In the event a player is not placed on a team, you will be refunded the full amount paid for summer baseball.
6. The cost of summer baseball is estimated to be about $720 per player. This includes the cost of the regular season games plus entry fees for 3 tournaments and a hat. Uniform shirts will be provided. Players are responsible for providing their own pants with red piping and a red belt.
7. Teams may play 35 to 45 games depending on scheduling and State Tournament qualifications.
8. First practice will be Monday May 20th at 4:00 pm at the Centaurus Varsity Field. Please show up early so that we can record your contact information. There will be a player/parent meeting following the practice at 6pm in the stands.
If a parent cannot afford the summer baseball entry fee or the basic equipment to play, please contact Rick Battistelli @ email@example.com or 303-725-8993. Rick will work confidentially with you and Coach Kinney.
During home games, parents and family members will be expected to work concessions. Volunteer sign-up and scheduling will be organized before the season begins. A parent from each family should sign up for two shifts.
Players are expected to find transportation to ALL games. If you can provide carpools or are in need of carpools, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have parents at games if possible - both for fans and in case of an emergency.
Registration and Fees:
The 2019 summer baseball cost is $720 per player. Click here to pay.
Parents of players must fill out the Legion Form. It does not have to be notarized.
Players must bring a copy of their birth certificate to the first practice. This is a requirement for Colorado American Legion Baseball.
Players in this program must be committed to playing baseball. We expect all players to be at the field for every game and practice. However summer vacations are expected. Please inform your coach of your vacation plans as soon as possible. Your coaches and teammates count on having enough players to conduct meaningful practices and to field complete teams for individual and tournament games.
NOTE: Tournament play will likely take place over the July 4th week/weekend. Please consider this as you make your decision to commit to playing with CHS during the summer season. Entry fees for tournaments (approximately $1,500.00) are forfeited when we are unable to field a complete team. We will typically compete in two or three tournaments throughout the Summer.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Doug Kinney, Head Coach: Doug@LafayetteLumber.com / (303) 345-1542
If you have any concerns with fees or fee deadlines please contact:
Rick Battistelli, President: email@example.com / (303) 725-8993
A preliminary game schedule will soon be located at the CHS Baseball web site . During the summer season, this web site is where you will find rosters, game schedules etc.
Justification of Fees:
We can send you an estimated summer baseball budget that will show how we arrived at the fee. Please contact Bob Whiton for this information.
Summer Baseball Schedule
click on the top right corner of the form to open a new window to download