The Pavilion is a wonderful community resource in North Kingston which you can use for parties or to host a regular class or gathering.
Situated in the lovely Canbury Gardens, next the Thames.
The Pavilion provides a venue for a wide range of regular activities including; Canbury Buttons (a mothers' and toddlers' group), yoga, a choir, Charity away-days and a teenage cycling club.
Regular and one-off events include:
- AGMs and meetings for local residents associations and CARA
- Fund raising events for Breast Cancer, La Leche League (Breastfeeding Clinic), Mind (Drama Group), Peruvian social group, Shooting Star Chase, local Riding for the Disabled (Barnfield), and other local charities
- Canbury Buttons - pre-school playgroup on most Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Local community events and celebrations
- Exhibitions of film, photographs and artwork local groups
- Public meetings to discuss policing, planning applications and other local issues
- Christening, Wedding and Funeral receptions
The pavilion is run by the Canbury Community Trust (reg. charity number 1098440) with volunteer trustees.
Volunteers rescued this 100 year old bowling pavilion weeks before it was knocked down and have turned it into a vibrant community resource for Kingston.
Money made from birthday parties and hire is used to provide a cheap or free venue for several voluntary organisations.