The 12th instalment of the Belize Archaeology and Anthropology Symposium (BAAS) is scheduled for July 1st - July 4th, 2014 in San Ignacio, Belize. Registration for the conference will begin on March 31st, 2014. Participants are encouraged to pre-register and make travel plans early so that they can be guaranteed a place as well as advantageous rates on travel.
Presentations of the symposium proper will be held inside the San Ignacio Resort Hotel's Bedran Hall starting on Tuesday July 1st and continue through to Friday July 4th, 2014.
Ancient Maya Deomestic Economy: Subsistence, Commerce and Industry.
Archaeology in Belize: Research Investigations Results.
The conference proper is in the format of a symposium in which scholarly papers are presented to professionals and aficionados of Belizean Archaeology. The conference organizers seek individuals and groups who study, teach, research, and practice Archaeology to submit abstracts related to the conference themes.
1. Individuals presenting papers must pre-register for the Symposium.
2. Early Registration will commence on March 31st, 2014.
3. Late fees will apply if completed Registration Forms and payment is NOT received in the IA Office by May 30th, 2014.
4. Payments can be made in cash (in Belize) and/or International Money Order. Please do NOT send Personal Cheques.
5. Student presenters must submit a copy of their student identification card with proof of their registration forms to qualify for the student rate.
6. FAILURE to register by the FINAL DEADLINE will result in the rejection of your abstract/proposal.
7. General registration for attendance will be available through-out the conference date, July 1st - July 4th, 2014, though pre-registration is preferred.
BAS CONFERENCE FEES:
Travel & Entry Requirements:
No visas are required for citizens of the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom and most European countries. For additional travel/visa information, please contact your country’s local Belize Consulate or Embassy.
Air carriers serving Belize include: American Airlines, Continental, Groupo TACA, Maya Island Air Regional, US Airways and Delta. Taxis, and rental cars are available at the airport for ground transportation into the interior.
The temperature in June is usually in the mid to high 80o F (27o C). However, in the evening it can be relatively cool. You are therefore advised to bring a sweater or a light jacket.
The conference hotel selected for this year’s conference is the San Ignacio Resort Hotel. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel is located in San Ignacio Town, the heart of the Cayo District, approximately 75 miles west of Belize City.
The San Ignacio Hotel is offering a 30% discount on room reservations. Please indicate that you are attending the conference when making reservations to obtain the conference rate. To contact the San Ignacio Resort Hotel directly, please use the following telephone numbers:
Toll Free: 1-800-822-3274
Local Tel: 011-501-824-2034/011-501-824-2125
Other hotels are also available in and around the San Ignacio/Santa Elena area.