The Behavior, Affect, & Thinking (BAT) lab at Oklahoma State University is a research laboratory that studies various factors that impact healthy mood as well as mood disorders such as Major Depressive Disorder. Some broad questions the lab is interested in answering are:
- How do cognitive factors (e.g., attention and memory for emotional information) influence the trajectory of depressive symptoms?
- In turn, how do depression and other mood states influence attention and memory for emotional information?
- How are differences in how people experience rejection or process rewards related to vulnerability to depression?
- If we change how people pay attention to, or interpret, emotional information, can we change mood state for the better?
- How are cognitive factors related to suicidal thinking?