Bath High School
Yearbook Specifications for 2016-2017 Senior Portraits
· Head size: 1 1/8” from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin. ¼ inch from the top of the head to the top edge of the border of the print. Head size is important so all the photos look similar (no one’s head appears larger than someone else’s).
· Simple background. Preferable in gray, tan , blue or beige.
· Full‐face view, no profiles. Head and shoulders only.
· Color, glossy print paper, no texturing. (If sending a hard copy for us to scan).
· Front head and shoulder poses only. PHOTOGRAPHERS, PLEASE NOTE: both eyes visible and nose on cheek.
· The digital photo should follow these requirements: save as a JPEG file, sized at 10 x 12 picas or same ratio, color set to RGB, resolution set at 300 DPI.
· DEADLINE MUST BE MET: March 31, 2017 by 2:35 p.m. Email or bring photos to the high school office or have the photographer send a CD to the school. DO NOT LEAVE UNDER THE DOOR.
· Color photographs must be made from a retouched negative.
· Do NOT trim the print. We can crop extra space around the picture; the head size is more important than the size of the print itself.
· Please also submit a release form/letter from your photographer so we can legally use your photo both in the yearbook and in the senior class composite.
· No non‐glossy or textured finishes.
· No ¾ face views
· No profile (side) views.
· No “soft touch,” “misty,” double exposures, pictures of flowers, wicker chairs, mirror images, props, horses, etc.
· No “drape attire” or sports uniforms, band, pom pon, cheerleader uniforms or other such outfits (sweaters, blouses, dress shirts, jackets, suits, etc. are considered appropriate). Ladies, be wary of very low cut tops as that may make your photo unacceptable for printing in the yearbook or on the composite.
· No t‐shirts with writing or store/brand logos
· No studio imprint/watermark (often on proofs) or student name (I.D.) on the face or front of the photo.
· No picture in wrong finish (ex. No black and white when color photos are required).
· No “creative” photographic treatment other than standard portrait lighting and editing to match.
FINAL DECISION OF SUITABILITY OF PICTURES SUBMITTED IS THE PREROGATIVE OF THE YEARBOOK ADVISER. Poor quality photos (ex. bad lighting) may not be accepted. Questions? Please contact Mr. Rypstra before the deadline!
NO PICTURES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DEADLINE OF March 31, 2017 BY 2:35 p.m.