Please review the Code of Ethics below and the Vision & Guidance Statement attachment and if you are interested in joining the band, please call 412-323-2707 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Ethics
- The Highland Bagpipe is an instrument that represents a proud and noble tradition and should always be treated with respect and care in its handling, presentation, and performance.
- Good tone and execution of traditional bagpipe and drum music is the goal of the band. Attaining this with a minimum of stress and while maintaining the band as a 'fun-activity' is axiomatic.
- Band members pledge to practice the band's music at home and prepare for band practices with the goal of improving.
- Band members pledge to do their best to be available and on time for band performances and practices.
- Band members are requested to dress neatly and act in a respectful manner at all times.
- Balmoral Band members do not 'raid' or entice pipers or drummers from other bagpipe bands to leave their band.
- Pipers or drummers who wish to become a member of the Balmoral Pipes & Drums Band must be approved by the Instructors before attending band practice.
- Band members will assist other band members whenever appropriate.
- Money earned by the band for performances shall be used to develop the band and pay expenses for equipment, travel costs, etc.
- No alcohol is permitted at Balmoral Pipes & Drums Band functions.
Vision & Guidance Statement
The Vision & Guidance Statement is provided as an attachment at the bottom of this page.