Ph.D. in Mathematics, August 2007.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Mathematical Sciences Dept.
De Sitter Theory of Quantum Gravity
Trapped Slender Vortex Filaments in Statistical Equilibrium
Successfully defended with no revisions on 14 May 2007
- Negative Specific Heat in a Quasi-2D Generalized Vorticity Model,
Andersen, T. D. and Lim, C. C., Physical Review Letters, vol. 99, no. 165001, Oct. 2007.
- Explicit mean-field radius for nearly parallel vortex filaments in statistical equilibrium with applications to deep ocean convection
Andersen, T. D. and Lim, C. C., Geophysical and Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, vol. 102, no. 3, pp. 265-280, Jun. 2008.
- A length scale formula for confined Quasi-2D plasmas,
Andersen, T. D. and Lim, C. C., J. Plasma Physics, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 437-454, 2009.
A Cross-layer Framework for Multiple Access and Routing Design in Wireless Multi-hop Networks,
Tamer ElBatt and Timothy Andersen, Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal, vol. 11, pp. 1155-1167, Aug. 2011.
- An SO(4,1) Yang-Mills theory of quantum gravity, Andersen, T. D.,
arXiv:1005.4089 [math-ph], 2013.
- Efficient Lightweight Information Dissemination Algorithm for Mobile Wireless Ad Hoc Networks, US Patent 7,420,954, Sept. 2008.
- Interference-Resilient Joint MAC and Routing Design for Wireless Ad hoc Networks, US Patent 7,570,593, Aug. 2009.
Working Papers and Technical Reports
- Andersen, Timothy D., Stanley, Kenneth O., and Miikkulainen, Risto. "Neuro-Evolution Through Augmenting Topologies Applied To Evolving Neural Networks To Play Othello". Dept. of Computer Science, The University of Texas at Austin, 2002. http://www.cs.utexas.edu/ftp/techreports/tr02-32.pdf
- Pernin, Christopher G., Katherine Comanor, Lance Menthe, Louis R. Moore and Tim Andersen. "Allocation of Forces, Fires, and Effects Using Genetic Algorithms". Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 2008. http://www.rand.org/pubs/technical_reports/TR423. Also available in print form.
- Andersen, T. D., SO(4,1) Yang-Mills theory of quantum gravity, arxiv:1005.4089, 2012.
Currently Working On
- Random number generation for Exaflop, GPGPU and Intel MIC computing.
- Bioelectrostatics in structural biology for drug delivery.
- Feynman-Kac path integral approaches to vortex filaments, plasmas, and biochemical electrostatics.
- Quantum interpretation problem and the arrow of time.
- The accelerating expansion of the universe in a de Sitter framework: see my blog for a discussion for laypeople.
- Dark matter and the Dirac equation.
Updated 17 April 2012.