ACES participates in several "year-round" fundraisers that are available to anyone and everyone. These fundraisers earn lots of money for ACES at no cost to you and are available year-round! The more we utilize these fundraising opportunities, the fewer “sales” events we need to hold. By spending only a few minutes a week, ACES will earn thousands of dollars to augment our children’s education. Sounds great, right? Below are the details on these programs and instructions on how to participate.
If you only choose a couple to use, please note that the gift card programs (Benefit Mobile & Scrip) are the most profitable for the least amount of effort. These programs earn ACES over $5,000 a year but could earn us much, much more if we increased participation. (This means YOU!)
Purchase Gift Cards on your phone using the Benefit Mobile app. (www.Benefit-mobile.com)
Support ACES by using digital gift cards when shopping for new clothes, booking airline tickets, or even indulging in a latte. Just like our Scrip gift card program, you purchase gift cards at face value, but the company gives a percentage of the value back to the school. The difference is the Benefit Mobile app is digital and you can purchase and use gift cards instantly right from your phone! Here’s how it’s done:
- Download the Benefit Mobile app to your phone – it’s free! Follow the directions to link to your credit cards and/or bank account securely. Select “Agua Caliente Elementary PTG” as your beneficiary. It will take a few days to establish the payment link, so don’t wait until the last minute!
- Shop! Select from hundreds of retailers. Buy gift cards and have them delivered to your phone within seconds.
- Redeem! Use them for your everyday purchases in the checkout line, at home online, or email them to another recipient.
- Earn! Earn rebates on every purchase. Hint: the rebate value is higher if you pay via a bank account versus a credit card.
- Reward! Each month an electronic check goes to ACES PTG! You can view your earnings and spending history in the app.
When you purchase Gift Cards through our school’s SCRIP program, a portion of every sale is donated to ACES, at no cost to you!
Our school orders gift cards to over 75 popular retailers at a reduced price (anywhere from 2% to 30% off of face value). You buy the gift cards from the school at face value. The difference is an instant rebate for our school. It’s that simple! You can purchase gift cards several ways:
- Purchase in person at school on Friday mornings before school (look for the car parked at the beginning of the drop off line). Don’t forget your checkbook!
- Complete an order form and drop off in the white Scrip mailbox in the school office.
- E-mail our school’s Scrip Coordinator (Tawna Tolbert) at ACESscrip@yahoo.com with your order.
Order forms can be obtained in the school office, online on this website (at the bottom of this page or HERE) or by e-mailing ACESscrip@yahoo.com. You can either place a one-time order or sign up to receive your gift cards on a monthly basis. Placing a monthly subscription is the best way to remember to use the Scrip program!
Our school earns $0.10 for every BoxTop it sends in. Last year we submitted 28,000 BoxTops and raised $2,800! Here’s how it’s done:
Clip — Clip the Box Tops from hundreds of participating products. The Box Tops are neon pink and look like the logo above. They can be found on products such as General Mills cereal, Ziploc bags, Betty Crocker mixes, and many, many others.
Submit — Place your clipped, trimmed and non-expired BoxTops in a baggie or envelope and write your child’s grade and teacher’s name on it. Send to school with your child or place in the specially marked collection container in the school office.
Compete — To add a little fun, we hold 3 BoxTops contests per year. The classroom that submits the most BoxTops during the contest period wins a class prize/party!
Sign Up — Go to http://www.BTFE.com. Click on “Join FREE” at the top and register to support our school. Browse the website for information on the program, check our school’s progress, and learn about special offers.
Earn – Register your shopping cards at the following grocers to earn electronic BoxTops (eBoxTops) that require no clipping!
Safeway – go to http://www.Safeway.com, click on “Just for U” and follow the directions to register your shopping card and enroll in the BoxTops program. Each week, go to the Safeway Just for U webpage to load the BoxTops offers (and lots of other coupons!) to your card. Our school will receive the BoxTops earnings electronically.
Albertson’s – go to http://www.GrowingLocalLearning.com and register your shopping card to receive eBoxTops credits with the purchase of certain items.
As an incentive to collect BoxTops, we’ll be having 3 CONTESTS per year in September, January and April. The classroom (not grade) that submits the most BoxTops per number of students will win a special class prize/party! Make sure to mark your child’s grade & teacher’s name on your submission. Both clipped and eBoxTops count! For eBoxTops, e-mail a screen shot of your earnings to AguaCalientePTG@gmail.com.
FRY'S COMMUNITY REWARDS
Sign up for FRY’S COMMUNITY REWARDS Program (www.FrysCommunityRewards.com) and earn money for ACES every time you shop and scan your VIP card!
(*If you signed up last year you have to renew yourself each year after August 1st. See below how to renew.)
Once you're enrolled, you'll earn rewards (money) for ACES every time you shop and use your V.I.P Card! Don’t forget that family and friends can also sign up to support our school!
STEP 1: Create an Online Fry’s Account at www.FrysCommunityRewards.com using your Fry’s Rewards Card.
STEP 2: Register for the Fry’s Community Rewards Program. Sign in to your Fry’s Account. Click edit under Community Rewards. Enter the NPO number 80135 and select ACES.
1. Go to your account and Sign In.
2. Select your Name on the top right, you should see Account Summary at the top.
3. Scroll down, Click ‘ENROLL’ under Community Rewards. If prompted, enter personal information.
4. Under Find Your Organization: Enter the NPO number or name of organization then select ‘search’.
5. Under Select Your Organization: Select box next to your organization.
6. Select ‘save changes’. If you have registered correctly, you should now see ACES PTG information listed under ‘Community Rewards’ on your Account Summary page.
Earn money for ACES simply by shopping on Amazon with their "smile" site (www.amazonsmile.com).
Go to www.amazonsmile.com and register to support Agua Caliente Elementary School – PTG. Start at the Amazon Smile page every time you shop at Amazon and 0.5% of all your purchases will be donated to ACES PTG! If you shop with a SCRIP gift card for Amazon, ACES earns an additional 4% (or 3% through the Benefit mobile app)!
Load your receipts to the SHOPAROO app (www.Shoparoo.com) and ACES earns money! Shoparoo is a free app that turns pictures of your everyday shopping receipts into cash donations and sweepstakes entries for our school! All you have to do is shop as you normally do, snap pictures of your receipts with the app, and voila! Just shop, snap, earn!
Follow this link: http://app.shoparoo.com/r/frust176 or Download the free Shoparoo app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Select our school from the list and start taking pictures of your receipts - shop anywhere, buy anything!
OFFICE DEPOT / OFFICE MAX
Provide our school ID when making purchases at OFFICE DEPOT or OFFICE MAX and they will donate 5% of the purchase price to ACES.
Simply make a purchase of qualifying school or office supplies at Office Depot / Office Max, provide our school ID (70005257, or you can find it anytime at www.officedepot.com/givebts) at checkout and our school will receive 5% back in credits for FREE supplies! (See www.officedepot.com/givebts for more details).