- We added the AGSM Canvas app, which is an interactive software.
- We made the AGSM Canvas app more robust by smart initialization and image padding.
- We added the line fitting and circle fitting packages.
- We re-implemented GVF in C++/MEX to make it much faster.
- We implemented Bresenham algorithm in C++/MEX to generate points on a line.
- All force/torque computations are re-implemented in C++/MEX, which significantly improves efficiency.
Quan Wang, Kim L. Boyer, The active geometric shape model: A new robust deformable shape model and its applications, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Volume 116, Issue 12, December 2012, Pages 1178-1194, ISSN 1077-3142, 10.1016/j.cviu.2012.08.004. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1077314212001154)
Short URL: http://tinyurl.com/agsmpaper
The CVIU paper:
Quan Wang's RPI homepage:
Prof. Kim L. Boyer's homepage:
Department of ECSE:
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute:
Page on Matlab Central:
Page on Computer Vision Central:
title = "The active geometric shape model: A new robust deformable shape model and its applications",
journal = "Computer Vision and Image Understanding",
volume = "116",
number = "12",
pages = "1178 - 1194",
year = "2012",
note = "",
issn = "1077-3142",
doi = "10.1016/j.cviu.2012.08.004",
url = "http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1077314212001154",
author = "Quan Wang and Kim L. Boyer",
keywords = "Active geometric shape model",
keywords = "Parametric equation",
keywords = "Cubic spline contour",
keywords = "Graph cuts segmentation"