(approved at AFA-NIET Tournament Committee meeting November 2004)
- The NIET Webmaster is appointed by the Chair of the AFA-NIET Committee, in consultation with the AFA-NIET Committee. The AFA-NIET Webmaster does not serve as a member of the NIET Committee.
- An open call for self-nominations for the AFA-NIET Webmaster will be posted on the AFA-NIET website.
- The Webmaster position is a two-year appointment. The appointment is made at the spring meeting of the AFA-NIET Committee. There is no limit to the number of times a Webmaster may be reappointed.
- The responsibilities of the AFA-NIET Webmaster include:
- Maintain the AFA-NIET website.
- Convert and post documents to the AFA-NIET website as directed by the AFA-NIET Committee Chair (e.g. AFA- NIET invitation, AFA-NIET results, motions approved by the AFA-NIET Committee, national tournament local arrangements information, announcements, etc.)
- If possible attend meetings of the AFA-NIET Committee so as to apprise members of developments on the site and consult with the committee about the construction and content of the website.
- Maintain and update, as appropriate, the legislative and historical documents of the NIET.
- Create and delete links to other forensic resources as directed by the AFA-NIET Committee Chair.
- Make recommendations about the AFA-NIET website to the Chair of the AFA-NIET Committee.
- Maintain and update student-specific content in consultation with the national student co-chair representatives and the NIET Chair.
- The Chair of the AFA-NIET Committee is responsible for communicating any concerns pertaining to the AFA-NIET website to the Webmaster.
- When a Webmaster exits the AFA-NIET Webmaster position, he/she will be expected to provide the extant content to the Webmaster-designate and to facilitate a smooth transition for the AFA-NIET website.
- Any expenses incurred by the NIET Webmaster will be the responsibility of the
AFA-NIET, however, all expenses must have the prior approval of the AFA-
NIET Committee Chair.