I am Ankush Acharyya, a traveller by heart, a geometer by profession. I believe in learning through observations. The lively aspects of our life, the doze of variety in it inspires me. I am happy to preserve those moments in the digital frame of mind.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computational Geometry
- Approximation Algorithms
- Ankush Acharyya, Subhas C. Nandy, Supantha Pandit and Sasanka Roy: Covering Segments with Unit Squares. accepted in Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications (2019)
- Ankush Acharyya, Subhas C. Nandy and Sasanka Roy: Minimum width color spanning annulus. Theoretical Computer Science. 725: 16-30 (2018)
- Ankush Acharyya, Sandip Rakshit, Ram Sarkar, Subhadip Basu and Mita Nasipuri: Handwritten Word Recognition Using MLP based Classifier: A Holistic Approac. International Journal of Computer Science Issues, 10(2):422-427 (2013)
- Ankush Acharyya, Anil Maheswari, Subhas C. Nandy: Localized query: Color spanning variations. CALDAM 2018.
- Ankush Acharyya, Subhas C. Nandy, Supantha Pandit, Sasanka Roy: Covering Segments with Unit Squares. WADS 2017: 1-12
- Ankush Acharyya, Minati De, Subhas C. Nandy: Range Assignment of Base-Stations Maximizing Coverage Area without Interference. CCCG 2017: 126-131
- Ankush Acharyya, Subhas C. Nandy and Sasanka Roy: Minimum Width Color Spanning Annulus. COCOON 2016: 431-442
- PhD (2013- till date), Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. (Supervisor: Prof. Subhas Chandra Nandy)
- ME (2013), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. (Dissertation Title - "Holistic Recognition of Handwritten Words from Unconstrained Document Pages": supervised by Dr. Subhadip Basu and Prof. Mita Nasipuri )
- B.Tech (2010), Institute of Engineering and Management, WBUT, West Bengal, India.
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
- 2010-'11 Lecturer at Sudha Memorial School of Management, SMU, IT dept.
Teaching & Assistant-ship
- 2019: "Winter School", (Discrete Mathematics, Algorithms, Linear Algebra) at Indian Statistical Institute.
- 2017: "Discrete Mathematics", 1st semester, M.Tech.(CS) , Indian Statistical Institute with Prof . Susmita Sur Koley and Subhadeep Dev
- 2017: "Introduction to Algorithms and Optimizaion" Summer School at Indian Statistical Institute.
- 2017: "Algorithms with Special Focus on Graph" North-East program of Indian Statistical Institute at Mizoram University.
- 2017: "Design and Analysis of Algorithms", 6th semester, B. Stat., Indian Statistical Institute with Dr. Sasanka Roy
- 2016: "Design and Analysis of Algorithms", 2nd semester, M.Tech.(CS), Indian Statistical Institute with Prof. Subhas C. Nandy