Welcome to our village.
The village of Abbotsley is situated along the B1046 road from Great Gransden to St. Neots. Its main thoroughfare is the High Street, fringed with a mixture of houses bearing witness to the past and present: 17th Century thatched cottages, farm houses with their fields, 18th Century brick buildings, the old village school, now the village hall, attractive pub and the village green .
The church tower, with its four Kings instead of pinnacles, welcome visitors and inhabitants as it guards the village from its high position above the Green. The figures of the four Kings are, presumably, 16th Century but have received much restoration during their long vigil over the village. There are also five bells, one of which dates back to 1575. The foundation of the church of 1138 is dedicated to St. Margaret of Antioch.
Visit Cambridgeshire Community Archive Network for more photographs of Abbotsley abbotsley.ccan.co.uk/
ABBOTSLEY FEAST WEEK 2016 WINNING SCARECROW