Dragon Learning Center
Dragon Learning Center Coordinator: Bret Iverson Mr. Iverson's Hours 2 pm - 7 pm M-Th and 2-6 pm F
The Dragon Learning Center (DLC) is offered after school for students improve academic achievement through tutoring, mentoring, leadership, and enrichment activities. All students are encouraged to participate. *** Reminder all students need to be re-enrolled each year. DLC is part of Wisconsin 21st Century Community Learning Center Initiative. There is no cost to attend our after school program.
Schedule Monday through Thursday
- 3:30 pm Snack
- 3:35 pm Team Building Activity and Theme for Day or Week
- 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm Academic Achievement/Tutoring with staff and volunteers
- 5:15-5:45 pm Dinner (Sack Dinner) for all grade levels
- 4:30-6:00 pm Enrichment/Physical Activity with staff and volunteers
- 5:55-6:00 pm Students are signed out to leave for home with parent and or guardians. Please pick up at Elementary Enterance and do not park in circle to allow bus to park and pick up students.
- 6:00 pm Bus Leaves for 3 Free Designated Drop Off Locations. (Siren Courts/Kids Central/Hertel Express)
Friday: DLC is from 3:30 until 5:00 pm.
3 Designated Drop Off Locations:
- Siren Courts by Clear Lake (About) M-Th 6:05, F 5:05
- Kids Central (About) M-Th 6:10, F 5:10
- Hertel Express Parking Lot (About) M-Th 6:25-6:35, F 5:25-5:35
- 3:30 pm Snack all Grades
- 3:40 to 4:45 pm Enrichment Activities/Physical Activity
- 4:55 Students assemble in Elementary Lobby for Dismissal.
- 5:00 pm Bus Leaves for 3 Free Designated Drop Off Locations.
Field Trips and Family Nights
We are a very valuable team which includes: students, parents, staff, volunteers and community groups. DLC is going to be providing activities, field trips, adult classes, and family fun nights. All students, parents and partners are encouraged to give ideas for projects, activities, classes, field trips, and fun nights. Please complete online surveys, comments for suggestion box and or call Mr. Bret Iverson our coordinator with positive ideas. A field trip a month, a family activity per quarter and a family event at school per semester is the current plan for this school year.
Bret Iverson: I was an agriculture instructor and FFA Advisor for 27 years. I grew up on a horse, dairy and crop farm. My wife Carol and I have three grown children: Bryce, Brittany and Connor. I very excited to we working with students, parents, staff and the community of Siren. In my spare time, I garden, outdoor activitities, work for the Packers and enjoy concerts in Hertel.