- The Topeka Area Catbackers will award a $1,000 scholarship to a Topeka area high school whose parents or grandparents are members of the Topeka Catbackers. Applications can be found on Mrs. Liggatt’s website. The deadline is April 1st.
- The Topeka Alumnae Panhellenic Council will award a $500 scholarship to a Shawnee County senior. Other criteria include a 3.25 or higher GPA, with a 22 or higher ACT score, and community, school, or employment activity. Applications can be found on Mrs. Liggatt’s website. The deadline is February 15th.
- The PSAT results are in and will be gone over with the juniors that test during advisory on Wednesday, December 11 during advisory in the computer lab. Students bring your Chromebooks to the meeting.
SLHS ACT Test
- The FREE ACT test for juniors will be given on February 25th starting at 7:55 in the computer lab. Students will need #2 pencils, a calculator, and a drink and snack for the break. No phones are allowed in the test room or during the break.
Topeka Youth Commission
- The Topeka Youth Commission is looking for students in Shawnee County ages 14-21 who are interested in working with the Topeka and Shawnee County community to provide a voice and positive change for all youth. Students interested in leadership opportunities are highly encouraged to learn more about this group. For more information for this program go to www.topekayc.com. The application process can be found at bit.ly/TYCRecruitment.
- Register for the ACT online at www.actstudent.org. School Code 172-775
- 2019-2020 Test Dates
- December 14
- February 8
- February 25 (Juniors at SLHS)
- April 4
- June 13
- July 16