Calera Middle School Library
Welcome to Mrs. Pickett's Google site. Here you will find resources for the library, links to school and district pages, and more. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA CENTER HOURS: 7:30 am- 3:15 pm
Morning Study Hall – 7:30 – 7:45 a.m. Silent study hall, book checkout, Makerspace time, research and independent study.
(After school hours may be arranged by appointment)
Schedule – Open and flexible, accommodating students and classes as needed.
CIRCULATION PROCEDURES: Admittance at all other times is by media center pass or with a class. Passes may be obtained from any teacher.
Student check out:
- Students may check out 2 books or magazines for a time period of 2 weeks. These may be renewed as needed. Fines are $.10 per day overdue excluding weekends, holidays and absences. Students must notify media center staff of any absences for the fine to be forgiven.
- All students must have an Library Pass when coming from a classroom.
- Students must sign-in when they enter.
- Students may not check out a book if they have an overdue book or owe a fine.
- Damaged items should be returned to the media center for repair. Students will be expected to pay for items that are damaged due to abuse or neglect.
- Lost items – Hardback fiction or biography – $20.00. Paperback books – $10.00. Non-fiction or reference books – current cost. Magazines – $5.00.
- All items removed from the media center should be checked out at the circulation desk. Removing items from the media center without the proper checkout will be treated as theft.
Faculty check out:
- Unlimited time as needed for books. DVDs and Equipment should be returned as quickly as possible in consideration of other faculty who may need them.
CAMS MEDIA CENTER RESOURCES:
E-Books are available 24/7 and may be accessed through the link on Destiny’s Homepage
TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE THROUGH THE LIBRARY:
- 15 desktop computers and 10 laptops
- An Ipad Mini cart of 17 iPads
- 1 Chrome Book Cart with 30 Chrome Books
- Networked printers – 1 B/W LaserJet, 1 color LaserJet
Adobe PDF Reader if needed: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
This site is a classroom site managed by an employee of the Shelby County Board of Education. As such, it should be treated as any other classroom space. All postings and comments on this site will be moderated. The postings on this space represent the personal views and opinions of the individuals who post and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of the Shelby County Board of Education.