----- November 15th, 2018 is an eLearning Day -----
How to access e-Learning Modules
Google Classroom for Grades K-12
If an eLearning Day is called, for students in grades K-12 all of their eLearning Modules will be posted by 9:00 AM on Google Classroom. To access the eLearning Modules for grades K-12, go to Google Classroom at: https://classroom.google.com/ and login using the student Google login that has been assigned to you or your student.
eLearning Activities for PreSchool
For the PreSchool eLearning Day for November 15, 2018, please click here to go to Module 1 for PreSchool.
Google login info on PowerSchool Portal
If a parent or student in grades K-12 needs a reminder on the student Google login/password, all logins and passwords for Google are only maintained in your PowerSchool Parent/Student website. The PowerSchool app does not have your Google login, but if you use a web browser on your computer or tablet and go to the PowerSchool Portal at: https://powerschool.shelbycs.org , at the bottom of the main page after you login, Google login information will be available.
How will I know it is an eLearning Day
Not all cancelled schools days will be an eLearning Day All phone and email notifications from SchoolMessenger Alerts will state if the cancelled day is an eLearning Day. SCS will notify news outlets if we are having an eLearning Day and many of the news outlets will include that on their School Closings webpage and notifications. We will also post the info on the school websites and on this webpage as well.
If you have any questions on any eLearning assignment, please contact your teachers during the office hours posted on Google Classroom or on the classroom web page. You may also contact the office of the school your student attends as well.
- Coulston Elementary - 317-398-3185 -- Click here for Coulston teacher emails
- Hendricks Elementary - 317-398-7432 -- Click here for Hendricks teacher emails
- Loper Elementary - 317-398-9725 -- Click here for Loper teacher emails
- Shelbyville Middle School - 317-392-2551 -- Click here for SMS teacher emails -- Click here for SMS Teacher Office hours
- Shelbyville High School - 317-398-9731 -- Click here for SHS teacher emails
The SCS eLearning Support email is only active on the day of the school closing. For security reasons, login or passwords to Google Classroom or the Parent Portal cannot be given out over SCS eLearning Support email.
On the day of the school closing, if there is a technical issue you would like someone to look at, feel free to send your question to our SCS eLearning Support email at: email@example.com
What is e-Learning?
Shelbyville Central Schools will be implementing IDOE’s virtual option for delivering eLearning when school has been closed due to inclement weather. SCS will make up hours during an eLearning Module window which will open the same day school has been closed and remain open for one week. Students will be required to complete the work in the eLearning modules. Each school will open labs during the eLearning Module window for students that might have challenges learning away from the building. (i.e., internet and computer access, special need accommodations)
Shelbyville Central Schools is dedicated to researching and finding ways to leverage digital learning to ensure maximum student achievement. This will be accomplished by establishing the following goals:
- Provide instruction during the school year for cancelled school days that is more meaningful than instruction on days that are added to the end of the year.
- Maximize opportunities for students prior to the start of standardized testing, i.e. iSTEP, iREAD, ECA, and AP Testing.
- Offer students quality experiences with digital learning that is a part of the College & Career Readiness standards.
- Increase teacher capacity to design and deliver quality digital instruction.
- Continue to expand seamless learning delivered on days when school is unexpectedly cancelled.