2018-2019 Department Goals
- High school teachers will identify immediate needs for instructional materials by subject with specific emphasis on textbooks, identify possible instructional materials and begin to pilot.
- All teachers will develop, incorporate, and share differentiated instructional strategies and resources that support student development of historical thinking skills and academic literacy.
- The PLC remains an integrated part of the teacher’s ongoing planning and instruction, focusing on historical thinking skills/discipline-specific skills. These skills will be used to refine common formative assessments and drive further student skill development.
- Course-alike groups will develop instruction which improves the connection to relevant frameworks (CA, AP, IB).
- Department Chair Goal: Develop a protocol to advocate for resources to support Social Science in our district (course offerings, hiring practices, master schedule, updates on new programs, replacement textbooks, etc.).