San Diego Volleyball League
- Fall start date - August 7th, 2018 (Run by Sheening Tung, 619-886-1514, firstname.lastname@example.org) (there is currently space to add in still)
- The San Diego Volleyball League is intended for adults, 18 and older, in and around SanDiego looking to play volleyball without all the fuss. This league includes former professionals and collegiate players.
- Location - Canyon Crest Academy Gym (Carmel Valley) - 5951 E. Village Center Loop Rd.
- $100.00/person, payable by check to CCA Foundation at first game.
- Play day - Tuesday nights, 7-9pm.
- The league will run for 12 weeks.
- Each week all players will play on randomly selected teams and keep individual set wins.
- No open-hand tips.
- Queen of the Court - Blind Draw, runs on 1 or 2 courts per night depending on format
- Matches consist of 3 sets per night (each game is rally to 25)
- You play each game with new players each time (the blind draw)
- The player that serves is back row for that rotation (unless chosen format is 3x3).
- International Volleyball rules will be followed, including rally scoring, let serves, overhand passing, and playing balls below the waist.
I understand that there are certain risks of injury inherent in participating in the league, as well in traveling and other activities incidental to my/my team's participation and that I/all member's of my team are healthy and have no physical or mental disabilities or infirmities that would restrict full participation in these activities. I further acknowledge that myself/my team will be participating in activities that may involve, among other things physical contact of the body with other persons or objects including the ground, that may incur a risk of injury. I specifically waive and release the Canyon Crest Academy Foundation, Canyon Crest Academy and San Dieguito Union High School District, their lessors, sponsors, directors and staff from any liability for any claim for damages which I/We/my team may have for injuries or illness that he or she may sustain, whether the result of gross negligence or any other causes.Waiver of California Civil Code S1542.In furtherance of the foregoing releases, the parties expressly waive any and all rights and benefits conferred upon them by the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A General Release does not exceed to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” The settling parties each acknowledge that they have discussed with their attorneys the significance and effect of waiving the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, an warrant that this waiver is informed, knowing and voluntary. By going through the online registration process, both the captain and team members understand and agree that in order to be allowed to participate in this activity, I must give up my rights to hold the organizers and any affiliated organization’s representatives liable for any injury or damage that I may suffer while participating in the activities during the league. Knowing this, and in consideration of being permitted to participate in this activity, I hereby voluntarily release the above mentioned parties from any and all liability resulting from or arising out of my participation and hereby assume all risks in connection with participating in the activities planned, whether foreseen or unforeseen; and further to save and hold harmless the league organizers and representatives from any claim by me, my family, estate, heirs, or assigns, arising out of my participating in this league.