Mrs. Godbout's Class
- February 17, 2019
- We have a very busy week ahead of vacation! Tomorrow kicks off Spirit Week with "Fitness Day" and a Jump rope Assembly!
- On Wednesday, Cody Outdoor Classroom will be working with the fifth grade classes. Students will be participating in a science activity "Mad Scientist".
- Friday, TIGER will be back for a performance in the morning.
- I am very excited to see all of the students' projects and their hardwork! We will be wrapping up chapter 9: multiplying and dividing decimals. Students have many writing pieces underway and will continue working on them.
- We are all looking forward to a happy and healthy vacation!
- February 10, 2019
- Congrats to Lillian and Sophia for taking second place in the Invention Convention!! They were beyond excited to win and we are all so proud of them! On to the next competition!
- I am so proud of our students and their performance on winter assessments. We are happy to say they are over and we will have a typical schedule until vacation!
- This week:
- Math- We will start dividing decimals and making our way to word problems.
- Reading- We will be reading, discussing, and watching videos of the Apollo missions.
- Writing- Students will be working on an argumentative piece about NASA's spending budget.
- Science- Students will continue writing constellation myths and creating and designing a new constellation. They are also preparing for a writing piece with Mrs. Levesque on Space Junk!
- Thursday is Valentine's Day! If students would like to bring in valentines for all students in our class, we will find time to pass them out! :)
- Next week is HMS Spirit Week. The schedule is above.
- Stardust Wanderlust projects are due next week!!!
- February 3, 2019
- Our NWEA Reading assessment has been rescheduled for tomorrow. Wednesday morning will be our NWEA Math assessment.
- On Thursday our class will have an opportunity to see all of the amazing work of the students who participated in Invention Convention. We can't wait to see what Sophia and Lillian came up with!
- Book orders will be sent home this week.
- In Math we are working in chapter 9, multiplying and dividing decimals. In Reading we will start an argumentative piece. Students are continuing to work on their 40 book challenge! In Science, the students have been researching constellations and will be creating their own!