Mrs. Godbout's Class
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Math tests were sent home this week. I am so proud of all of the students hard work! We began chapter two yesterday. We will start with multiplication and then move to division. Ask your child the pattern for multiplying by tens!
- Testing has held us up a bit on Daily Five. We have rolled out three rounds, but I am hoping to get to the other two next week! Students have been working hard on their 40 book challenges!
- Reminder there is no school next Friday due to Teacher Workshop. Go enjoy the Deerfield Fair! :)
- Also Wednesday night is Open House! Come and see our classroom, sign up for Parent Conferences, sign up for the PTA, and enjoy ice cream!
- Sunday, September 16, 2018
- Tomorrow, we will finish up NWEA testing. :)
- Book orders were sent home last week. I will be sending in the order on Tuesday. You can send in the slip with money or do the order online!
- Our class will begin Guidance classes every Monday during Trimester one with Mrs. Maguire. She is one of the guidance counselors at Cawley and works with our fifth graders on Mondays.
- Heritage country projects are due on Thursday!! Each student will be sharing their project in Mrs. Levesque's class, I can't wait to see them all!
- Math- Our chapter one test will be Tuesday. During chapter two we will be working on multiplication and division. There will be centers beginning this week, as well as FLEX math groups on multiplication.
- Reading- All students rocked it in reading last week. Many students are cruising through books and are excited to share with others! This week we will add another round to Daily 5. We will also be completing the Imagine It benchmark testing. We will be adding more Greek and Latin roots to our list as well!
- Monday, September 10, 2018
- All students finished their NWEA Reading assessment today! :)
- Thursday we will being NWEA Math.
- Math- We are finishing up our first unit on Place Value this week. Ask your child the difference between place, value, and digit!
- Reading- We are continuing to build reading and writing stamina. The students are getting very excited to share book ideas and their stories! Many students have begun their 40 Book Challenge! All they want to do is read!! :)
- Writing- Students have been researching a country of their Heritage with Mrs. Levesque. Look for some information to come home tonight. Their final projects are due September 20.
- Thursday, August 30, 2018
- What a fantastic first day! It was so wonderful to meet all the students and begin to learn about each other. I am looking forward to a great year!
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Welcome to 5th Grade!! My name is Mrs. Godbout and this is my fourteenth year at HMS! I can't believe that summer has so quickly come to an end! We have a very exciting year ahead.
- I will be using this page to communicate with families about our every day activities in the classroom! Please feel free to email me any questions at any time (email@example.com). I am looking forward to a fabulous year!
Some save the dates:
- Thursday, August 30th- First Day of School
- Wednesday, September 26th- Ice Cream Social/Open House for grades 4 and 5!
To my future fifth graders: Welcome to fifth grade! I am so excited to be your teacher, It was great to meet most of you on the last day of school! Below is a link to the letter I handed out, which includes the supply list for next year. Have a safe, happy, and exciting summer! See you in August!