Sand Springs Public Schools
Reinventing High School
What is ICAP?
ICAP stands for Individual Career Academic Plan.
Through a rigorous curriculum and a variety of career academic offerings, Sand Springs Schools works to engage students in academic and career development opportunities to help students develop career interests for post-secondary pursuits.
ICAP is a student-driven, ongoing process that actively engages students, enabling them to:
- Understand their own interests, strengths, values and learning styles
- Create a vision of their future
- Develop individual goals as related to a Career Cluster or Career Pathway
- Prepare a personal plan for achieving their vision and goals
What is OK Career Guide?
- OK Career Guide provides students with the tools to help them as they explore career possibilities, determine interests and identify skills & strengths necessary for success.
- OK Career Guide contains Skills Assessments aimed at helping guide students toward an appropriate Career Cluster or Career Pathway aligned to interests, skills and academic strengths.
- For more information on OK Career Guide, visit their website here or login.
What are Career Clusters
- A Career Cluster is a grouping of occupations and broad industries based on commonalities.
- Expectations at the Career Cluster level represent the skills and knowledge, both academic and technical, that all students within the Career Cluster should achieve regardless of their pathway.
- Expectations at the pathway level represent the skills and knowledge, both academic and technical, necessary to pursue a full range of career opportunities within a pathway— ranging from entry level to management, including technical and professional career specialties.
The 16 Career Clusters
Career Pathways & Career Clusters?
- Career Clusters are divided into multiple pathwaysCareer
- Pathways are a series of courses that prepare you for an occupational field.
- Career clusters and pathways are NOT organized according to career interests (They are organized around broad industry or economic areas).
For this reason, some careers may be part of more than one Cluster or Pathway. Skills and Interests determined through assessments in OK Career Guide may direct you to a Career Cluster, and you may find yourself interested in a specific Pathway in that Career Cluster. This guide is designed to help you as you select courses and electives related to your Cluster or Pathway. As you focus on a desired Cluster or Pathway, courses and electives are described below and on the links to each Career Cluster above.