Sprague High School Orchestra
Welcome to the Sprague High School Orchestra! You will be a part of a musical organization that has a long tradition of excellence, yet continues to reflect the musical trends of our society.
My primary goal as your Program Director is:
- To challenge students with rigorous class rehearsals of sight reading, scales, bowing technique, and playing varied literature of different historical and cultural reference.
- To increase music awareness in the community by performing in large and small groups.
- To inspire students to be individual leaders at school, and respected by this school community
- To encourage students to be humbled and inspired by fellow peer musicians and cultivate a desire for excellence.
- To teach students how to work as a team to produce music that is meaningful to the student and purely enjoyable to the audience!
- To prepare students for a lifetime of musicianship
- TO HAVE FUN!
This will be done by challenging students in their learning experiences as they work to achieve their dreams, to be successful in college, career, and life!
Perhaps the most important activity and goal however of Sprague High School Orchestra is my purpose of providing students with a positive and professional organization to which they can belong and take pride in. Hopefully, they will develop those long-term friendships and experiences that make high school such an exciting time and positive experience.
So finally, WELCOME! It is going to be a great year, and I appreciate your help and support. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time with your questions or concerns. I have an open door policy. Email is the best way to reach me as you will get a faster response.
1st Period - Crossler Middle School
2nd Period - Camerata
3rd Period - String Ensemble
4th Period - Planning/Prep
5th Period - Crossler Middle School
6th Period - Advanced Symphony Orchestra
7th Period - Symphony Strings
8th Period - Bush Elementary School
Salem-Keizer Public Schools 24J does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs and activities. This policy implements state and federal laws (including Title IX); inquiries about the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Compliance Officer, Assistant Superintendent in the Human Resources Office, 2450 Lancaster Dr. NE, Salem, OR 97305 phone: 503-399-3061.