Welcome to Grades 6-8 at SACS!
LOWER SCHOOL news
from Mrs. Callahan, Head of School
Our students had an AMAZING Service-Learning Showcase on Friday. Our guests (parents, teachers, administrators, trustees, US students, and friends) were SO IMPRESSED with how they demonstrated that they are informed, articulate, and proactive through their projects and presentations.
Last week had so much to celebrate. Shout Outs to...
- The SFC for a fun and delicious family picnic on Thursday!
- Student Gov’t for a great Semi-Formal at Ames Hall!
- Band and LS Choir for fantastic performances on Wednesday night!
- Our Varsity Softball and Baseball teams for winning the state championships!
This week we have a lot going on as well:
- Tuesday: Ms. Jacobs, our new Upper School Principal visits for the day.
- Wednesday: Upper School Capstone Night 5-7pm in Albright - come see our student performances and work from our Tech and Fine and Performing Arts Choice Blocks.
- Thursday: We have TWO events after-school. Poetry Slam and the Spring Athletics Awards (with a food truck)!
Friday: Our seniors graduate!!!
Summer is on its way. Think sunscreen and bug repellent.
Math App: IXL
All Lower School students have an IXL.com account through Salem Academy? IXL.com is an online platform where students can practice their skills. Lower School math teachers use this resource regularly with students and now there's a free app for iPhone. Check it out: https://www.ixl.com/apps
It is our goal that every student has something to connect to at SACS beyond the classroom - to develop skills, pursue a passion, and connect with a group of people. We have a variety of options for students, including:
MUSIC (See Mr. Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org, for details).
- Tuesday: Bucket Drumming
- Wednesday: Choir
- Thursday: Band (grades 7-12)
Makerspace is every Wednesday and Thursday. Sign up will be posted in the cafeteria on Tuesday morning. It is first come first serve and we are limited to 10 spots. On Makerspace days students go to the cafeteria immediately after school where they are picked up by the Makerspace teachers. See Ms. Bowen (email@example.com) for details.
The Sexuality and Gender Alliance meets Thursdays in room 154! Everyone is welcome! See Ms. Bowen (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.